06 outlaw 525 repair questions - Polaris ATV Forum
ATV Repair and Maintenance Having problems? Doing a rebuild? All Repair/Maintenance Discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-28-2016, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
ATV Enthusiast

Garage
06 outlaw 525 repair questions

I just got a 06 outlaw 525..

I have a lot of problems I need to fix.

First question is the air flow from the fan. Should it blow on the radiator or pull air from it?
Someone installed a switch to turn the fan on. The fan never turns on by it self.
When its on it blows air into the back of the radiator. The opposite direction air would naturally flow when driving. This don't make sense to me and I have overheating issues.

Today I switched wires around for the fan and its seems to work MUCH better but I ran into a new problem on my test drive. It would not startup after I stalled it out. It would just click like the battery was dead.. but fan was running strong.

After I got pulled out the wood I put it on the charger but it showed fully charged.

I taped on the starter and sparks jumped from it to the engine and it would then try to spin slow..

I took the starter off and held it to the engine for ground and it spins fast. But after cleaning grounds and reinstall it will only click.

Do I need a new starter? Is there a engine to frame ground wire I can try to clean?

Also there is oil leaking down from were the starter slides into the engine. The O-ring looks way to small... like 1/2 the thickness of the grove it sits in. Could oil get into the starter and cause my problem?

Ty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-30-2016, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
ATV Enthusiast

Garage
ok so I'm not having any more overheating problems the fan was in reverse.

I do need a new starter, I got this one working after I open and cleaned it out.

So my next question.. I'm not finding much info/help online, and my local atv shop has never worked on one of these. He told me I should sell it! why?
Is the outlaw 525 a bad egg?

The more I ride it the more I look forward to getting it fixed up and keeping it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Technical Discussions > ATV Repair and Maintenance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode