Days out on the trail - Page 4 - Polaris ATV Forum
ATV Ride Report Post pictures, maps, and discussions for your trail rides.

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 08:36 AM
Premium Member

I am gonna chime in here so I can keep up with the thread! I/we don't get out as much as I would like to. My wife is a bit on the cautious side since she tipped hers over a few years ago. But she did fine at Ride Royal Blue...go figure! So I am kinda careful where I take her.

We did make another try at Heartland Lodge near Pittsfield, IL but it was way too muddy and rained both days we were there so we got less than 10 miles on that trip. I made a trip to a Guided Trail ride in the fall of 2017 up by Madison. Same guy does a spring trip a bit farther north so I was able to do that one too. All day probably close to 60 miles. All private property there and it's a blast. We did a Stateline ATV club ride in Wisconsin early in August so there were 2 full days of riding there, around 300 miles until my 600 broke. I got an 850SP after that trip but then had back surgery so I couldn't do the Fall guided trail rides and our usual whole family weekend trip this year. Just did a quick one day up on the Cheese trail in Wisconsin a few weeks ago. Now that the wife is retired, maybe I can get her out more.

I already told her that I would be taking some ATV trips that she might not want to go on during the next year. I plan to do all 3 of the guided trail rides in Wisconsin and I am sure we will get out for a few days somewhere along with our usual whole family trip in the fall. The rest is up in the air right now.

Mine: 2018 Sportsman 850SP - 26" Bear Claw HTRs on OEM steel wheels(I really don't like the Aluminum ones)
Polaris Hand warmers, Mirrors.
Hers: 2019 Sportsman 450. 26" Bear Claw HTRs on Moose 427X Wheels.

2007 Sportsman 500 EFI, Polaris Winch, 25" Bear Claws QSC Clutch Kit, Hand Warmers
2001 Magnum 325 MOSE 12" rear wheel conversion. 25" Sedona Coyote tires
2017 Polaris Ranger 1000XP - Roof and front glass
2018 Kawasaki KLR650
2001 Magnum 325 Warn winch and Moose 60" plow-Sent to Daughter and Son-In-Law since his blew up
SOLD 2004 Sportsman 600 Twin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 04:19 AM Thread Starter
Polaris ATV Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by autosport7 View Post
2017 I would consider a great year of riding for me.
I was getting out every other weekend and made 2 trips to H&M. I logged somewhere around 30 day rides (according to the criteria you set).
2018 was a total bust! Having a now 17 month old daughter along with a 9 yo daughter and a 6 yo son both in sports makes it very difficult to get out.
Yeah it isn't easy or cheap keeping the monsters in sports!!!! They play lacrosse year round so between the travel teams, traveling (hotels, food, and fuel) it gets expensive. Then there's all the off season training.......... Plus there's karate 2x a week and recreational gymnastics. The boss has a career so we have to get creative and be efficient with our time that's for sure. I will say I'm happy to be this busy. Like the guys say on the job "it goes quick enjoy it while it lasts".
bellracing2 and autosport7 like this.

2011 Sportsman® 800 EFI
GURU front brush guard
GURU rear brush guard
Polaris front lock n ride cargo box
Polaris rear rack extender
Warn RT 3.0 winch w/amsteel synthetic line
Viper aluminum haus fairlead
Polaris front spring adjusters
Ricochet a-arm guards
Ricochet full frame skid plate
ITP T-7 beadlock 14" w/OMF inner rim guards
Maxxis big horn 2.0 26x9 front
Maxxis big horn 2.0 26x11 rear
QSC clutch kit
EPI HD springs front n rear
ODI rogue 130mm grips
Ultraseal commercial grade tire sealant (front)
Highlifter tire sealant (rear)
CTEK 3300 battery maintainer
added 7 zerks
beefed up wiring harness
OGIO rear bag
ROTOPAX 1gal. + 2gal. gasoline can
Jccapri bushing kit
Kolpin Over Fenders
Rigid Industries E-Series 10" flood
Walker Evans struts
NGK Iridium's (2,500 miles on Champion's and they looked great!)
Odyssey Extreme battery PC545

2018 Sportsman® 570-T
2019 Aluma® A8818
2020 Outlander® 1000R XXC (on order, ETA mid-Sept)
post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 04:22 AM Thread Starter
Polaris ATV Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlyA View Post
We operate machines for work. Does that count?? 2 machines are normally used over the winter doing trails and each get about 300 hours per season. We always use hours since pods mess with the mileage and 95% of the machines lives are spent with them installed..
I guess I didn't think to add "work" in the criteria but heck yeah it counts!!!!!

2011 Sportsman® 800 EFI
GURU front brush guard
GURU rear brush guard
Ricochet a-arm guards
QSC clutch kit
ODI rogue 130mm grips
added 7 zerks
beefed up wiring harness
OGIO rear bag
Jccapri bushing kit
Kolpin Over Fenders
Walker Evans struts

2018 Sportsman® 570-T
2019 Aluma® A8818
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 04:37 AM Thread Starter
Polaris ATV Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by stave7119 View Post
I am gonna chime in here so I can keep up with the thread! I/we don't get out as much as I would like to. My wife is a bit on the cautious side since she tipped hers over a few years ago. But she did fine at Ride Royal Blue...go figure! So I am kinda careful where I take her.

We did make another try at Heartland Lodge near Pittsfield, IL but it was way too muddy and rained both days we were there so we got less than 10 miles on that trip. I made a trip to a Guided Trail ride in the fall of 2017 up by Madison. Same guy does a spring trip a bit farther north so I was able to do that one too. All day probably close to 60 miles. All private property there and it's a blast. We did a Stateline ATV club ride in Wisconsin early in August so there were 2 full days of riding there, around 300 miles until my 600 broke. I got an 850SP after that trip but then had back surgery so I couldn't do the Fall guided trail rides and our usual whole family weekend trip this year. Just did a quick one day up on the Cheese trail in Wisconsin a few weeks ago. Now that the wife is retired, maybe I can get her out more.

I already told her that I would be taking some ATV trips that she might not want to go on during the next year. I plan to do all 3 of the guided trail rides in Wisconsin and I am sure we will get out for a few days somewhere along with our usual whole family trip in the fall. The rest is up in the air right now.

Steve I actually lol we actually bought the 570-T for my wife. Despite multiple attempts we haven't had the chance to get her out for some seat time. I was just up-state for a New Year's ride with the guys. These are the trails where I want to break the wife in on. I purposely attempted to keep the 570 in 2wd the whole time. Except for one deep, very full, off camber mud hole I did the whole ride in 2wd. Just to be sure she would be ok in AWD when we do get her up there. Cause I know it'll be nerve racking until she proves she can handle that wheeler. One of my buddies wives snapped her leg on not a very difficult Hill climb several years back and he went out and bought a RZR 900 trail for her. She never really "got it" when it came to the ATV. I'm excited about the prospect of getting a RZR-4 and having some family rides in the future!!!

2011 Sportsman® 800 EFI
GURU front brush guard
GURU rear brush guard
Ricochet a-arm guards
QSC clutch kit
ODI rogue 130mm grips
added 7 zerks
beefed up wiring harness
OGIO rear bag
Jccapri bushing kit
Kolpin Over Fenders
Walker Evans struts

2018 Sportsman® 570-T
2019 Aluma® A8818
post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 04:47 AM
Polaris ATV Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp405 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by autosport7 View Post
2017 I would consider a great year of riding for me.
I was getting out every other weekend and made 2 trips to H&M. I logged somewhere around 30 day rides (according to the criteria you set).
2018 was a total bust! Having a now 17 month old daughter along with a 9 yo daughter and a 6 yo son both in sports makes it very difficult to get out.
Yeah it isn't easy or cheap keeping the monsters in sports!!!! They play lacrosse year round so between the travel teams, traveling (hotels, food, and fuel) it gets expensive. Then there's all the off season training.......... Plus there's karate 2x a week and recreational gymnastics. The boss has a career so we have to get creative and be efficient with our time that's for sure. I will say I'm happy to be this busy. Like the guys say on the job "it goes quick enjoy it while it lasts".
No question.
I’m a 55hr/wk employee and my wife owns her own therapy center for children with Autism and Special Needs. She has 3 locations and employs over 100 therapists full time seeing close a thousand kids a week.
Then there is home life with (2) playing in-house and club soccer. Then the love of my life 17 month old daughter who is just always on the move!
Absolutely impossible to find the time to ride these days but I’m not complaining! I try to enjoy every moment with the fam.
The Scrambler is nestled in the garage for when time does allow so I’m good.
bp405 likes this.

2015 Polaris Scrambler XP1000
Red Bull Graphics Kit
Spider Graphix - Footwell Dacals
Mud Motorsports Gripper Seat Cover
Rogue Grille - Blk/Blk/Red
Pure Polaris Hand Warmers
Pure Polaris Thumb Warmer
GBC Grim Reaper - 26/9/14 - 26/11/14 on Hiper Sidewinder Beadlocks
All Balls Wheel Bearings FR/RR
ROX Speed FX Foot Pegs
CECCO Frame Braces FR/RR
CECCO Diff Cover
Uni Air Filter
EPI Clutch
Big Gun Exhaust
Moog SSB Upgrade W/ Custom Zerk
Powermadd Sentinel Handguards
Renthal G169 Grips

Gear
Leatt 5.5 V.05 Turbine - Helmet
Oakley Airbrake - Goggles
EVS Sport - Chest/Back Protector
OGIO Dakar - 3L Hydration Pack
Shift Recon - Pants/Jersey/Gloves
Alpinestars MXGP - Jersey
Alpinestars S-MX Air Carbon Mesh - Gloves
Alpinestars Tech 8 - Boots
post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 10:48 AM
Premium Member

Steve I actually lol we actually bought the 570-T for my wife. Despite multiple attempts we haven't had the chance to get her out for some seat time. I was just up-state for a New Year's ride with the guys. These are the trails where I want to break the wife in on. I purposely attempted to keep the 570 in 2wd the whole time. Except for one deep, very full, off camber mud hole I did the whole ride in 2wd. Just to be sure she would be ok in AWD when we do get her up there. Cause I know it'll be nerve racking until she proves she can handle that wheeler. One of my buddies wives snapped her leg on not a very difficult Hill climb several years back and he went out and bought a RZR 900 trail for her. She never really "got it" when it came to the ATV. I'm excited about the prospect of getting a RZR-4 and having some family rides in the future!!![/QUOTE]

My kids are all grown with grandkids....But once a year we try to get everyone out on the trails for a weekend together. Lots of work for me but worth it for the weekend! Transporting everything is the hard part. My trailer isn't big enough and son in law is the only other one with a truck.
bp405 likes this.

Mine: 2018 Sportsman 850SP - 26" Bear Claw HTRs on OEM steel wheels(I really don't like the Aluminum ones)
Polaris Hand warmers, Mirrors.
Hers: 2019 Sportsman 450. 26" Bear Claw HTRs on Moose 427X Wheels.

2007 Sportsman 500 EFI, Polaris Winch, 25" Bear Claws QSC Clutch Kit, Hand Warmers
2001 Magnum 325 MOSE 12" rear wheel conversion. 25" Sedona Coyote tires
2017 Polaris Ranger 1000XP - Roof and front glass
2018 Kawasaki KLR650
2001 Magnum 325 Warn winch and Moose 60" plow-Sent to Daughter and Son-In-Law since his blew up
SOLD 2004 Sportsman 600 Twin

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Discussions > ATV Ride Report

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode