Lock & Ride cargo box - Page 2 - Polaris ATV Forum
ATV Visual & Body Modifications Post any visual modifications you have done to your ATV vehicle here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 05:49 AM
ATV Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by obrien2500 View Post
Sorry new to forum-probably doing this wrong. Let me repeat question. Velcro straps too short on my Ogio bag to get around rack. How did you attach your Ogio bag? Are there velcro extensions or is there a special Ogio bag for the Sportsman? BTW I have a 2010 Sportsman xp 850. I'm desperate because we leave tomorrow to go to Green River Utah to ride and I can't get this attached!
I am just guessing that you are not running the rack extensions.? With the rack extentions you are able to use the Velcro straps the the sides of the bag. The rear of the bag can also be fastened to the rack extension by running the two straps that are meant to keep the bag closed while riding around the rack extension. I wish I could take a pic, but mine is in the Midwest right now.

Without the rack extensions, a quick fix would be to get a roll of Velcro. I got mine at REI. Just cut some extensions to the desired length. I would suggest maybe purchasing the plastic rack extensions as they will hold the bag into place. I think these are around $50.00

Hope this helps.

2009 Polaris 850XP EPS, Stealth Black, OGIO Bags, ATV GURU Bumpers, more to come. XPOG#0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 10:26 AM

Thanks a million for your response! I will go and buy a rack extension!
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 10:41 AM
ATV Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by obrien2500 View Post
Thanks a million for your response! I will go and buy a rack extension!
No worries. Let me know if you have trouble once you get the rack extensions on. You shouldn't have issues. Just remember before you clip the bag closed, run the straps around the rack extension. Good Luck and enjoy your ride. That is beautiful country and amazing ATV riding. I am going to miss it once we make our move back to the Midwest.

2009 Polaris 850XP EPS, Stealth Black, OGIO Bags, ATV GURU Bumpers, more to come. XPOG#0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 01:26 PM
Supporting Vendor

Regarding the fuel pack. The only problem is that the pack is too tall and will block the headlight for night riding. I was thinking of purchasing a 1 gallon Rotopax and mounting it in the middle of the inside of the box. I think with some minor modification to the inside it just might work?

Owner of Thor's TheATVSuperStore.com. Where we test what we sell and only sell the best!

2014 Sportsman 850. 2016 RZR 900 4.
Prescott, AZ.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 04:58 AM

Lock-n-Ride front box: This was the 1st accessory I added to my '09 550xp.....it is awesome. For work around the farm, etc. it holds all those smaller things that you need to keep handy like tools, flashlights, straps, gloves, etc. On the top of my box I mounted a set of Kolpin Rhino Grip XL's Rhino Grip XL - Single . The bases are thru bolted to the lid of the box which allows for removal of the forks when not used. Works great! Another plus is the lid can still be used as a deck to carry stuff.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Those Rhino grip's look pretty good, especially for farm, hunting or fishing use.

2009 Polaris XP-850 w/EPS and 2500# Polaris winch, Lock and ride front cargo box, Front and rear rack extender's, Stealth Black, 27" Mudlite XTR's, Polaris deluxe brushguard's,XPOG #2

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Technical Discussions > ATV Visual & Body Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode