Appearance mods - Page 2 - Polaris ATV Forum
ATV Visual & Body Modifications Post any visual modifications you have done to your ATV vehicle here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 06:22 PM Thread Starter
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Thorshammer..I'll do that. Since I changed out my rear seat and replaced it with a box for our Lab Presley to ride in, I slightly modified the mounting. I'll try to take a picture tonight or tomorrow evening that I can post with a write up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-23-2013, 07:53 PM Thread Starter
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Thorshammer...here is some info on the flag attachment device I made. The fittings are the cheapest 1/4" airhose fittings I could find at Home Depot. The flag I bought at a Harley Davidson dealer. It's designed to be used on an MC so it can handle ATV wind speed. About $15, I believe. The pole is one of those bicycle orange safety flags available at Wally World. I removed flag and cut the mounting plate off. I had to drill out the male fitting slightly to allow the pole to fit. I then put some JB Weld into it and pushed in the pole and let it harden. This was then threaded into the quick release fitting. The flag, I glued on using a hot glue gun and generous amounts of glue. Originally I had put a bolt through from the underside of the plywood rack extension on my Model T with a nut and washer on the topside. This was to allow me to tighten up the mounting if it loosened. I JB Welded the male fitting onto the bolt. This setup worked great for several years. However, with the modification of my "T" to add Presley's personal seat, I had to rethink the mounting. I bought one of those 10" steel strap "mending" plates, with the holes in them for screws, from ACE. I drilled out a hole to the same size as the threaded end of the male fitting. I attached the mending plate to my new rack extension with several bolts, washers and nuts. I used 2 washers and a brass nut to attach the fitting to the mending plate. The brass was used because the fitting has pipe threads so a regular nut wouldn't work. So far, so good. Does this answer your questions? Gary
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 07:40 AM
Polaris ATV Legend

Garage
I like the changes. and will probably go straight to something like that. like I said, I've got a bunch of fittings laying around so thats the easy part.

For those of you interested in doing this. Harbor frieght has the fittings and will probably be less than Home depot. Just an FYI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 08:08 AM
Polaris ATV Legend

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08TouringLE View Post
As for the highlighting, I used a piece of "automotive" grade self stick vinyl my local Carquest got from one of their suppliers. I believe it was the people they get their pinstripping and paint supplies from. It's very similar to the stuff that was used to put "racing" stripes on vehicles. It's designed for the outdoors. I removed each piece of plastic and thoroughly cleaned it to remove any dirt, residues,etc. I then cut a rectangular piece of the vinyl slightly larger than the letter I was covering. I applied it to the plastic and "burnished" it on using a soft cloth. Finally, I traced around the edge of the letter with a very sharp X-Acto knife. I "burnished" it one more time afterwards. It is time consuming, but the raised lettering made it easier to trace. I only did the letters on the back of Jena's machine as the ones on front are recessed and I'm not sure if I can do it and have good results. I will eventually try. If you decide to do this, make sure you get excess material, 'cause you will make a few mistakes. I also have enough left to redo several letters if they get damaged.
Thanks... may have to pick up some red to do mine (although recessed lettering on the front and bossed on the rear trunk) !!

Matthew "MustBeNice"

2012 SPORTSMAN 800 EFI (INDY RED) Sept. 2015 ATV Of The Month
Mods: SuperWinch 3000 Winch - MotoAlliance Line Stopper - Glacier3 60" Plow - Polaris Rack Extenders - Polaris Bumpers - LowPro Shield - Polaris Hand Guards - Warning Debadge - 3Way Head Light (Relay) - Cabelas Mirrors - Wes Ind. Std Seat/Box - Kolpin Fuel Pack Jr - 26" Kenda BearClaw HTR Tires - HighLifter HD Springs - MotoAlliance Sirius 6" Pro LED Light Bar

2005 SPORTSMAN 400 (SONIC BLUE)
Mods: Warn 2500 Winch - MotoAlliance Line Stopper - Polaris Mid Shield - Wes Ind. Seat/Box - Shift Interlock Delete - Coleman Mirrors - Polaris Bumpers - 25" Kenda K590 Tires - PVC Spring Spacers

2014 RZR 570 EFI EPS LE TRAIL (WHITE LIGHTENING)
Mods: HarborFreight Badland 3500 Winch - MotoAlliance Winch Mount - MotoAlliance Line Stopper - Polaris Sport Roof - 1/2 Windshield - Warning Debadge - Rear View Mirror - Seat Adjuster - 26" Maxxis Tires - MotoAlliance Sirius 10" Pro LED Light Bar
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-05-2014, 01:29 PM
ATV Enthusiast

I cant see any pics:-) just triangles with exclamation points. anywhere else we can see the pics?
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-05-2014, 09:12 PM
Polaris ATV Legend

Garage
the lovely joys of using web based photo sites. if the site changes at all the pictures don't show up anywhere else.

"There are no problems. There are only Solutions. It's your job to find the right one.

2017 Sportsman 570 Touring EPS
3500 lbs Polaris winch with Synthetic Rope
Front Utility Rack
ODI Rogue Lockon Grips

2007 Hawkeye 300 17HP of gutless glory
25" STI Black Diamond ATRs
Pure Polaris Deluxe front Brush guard
Pure Polaris hand guards
ODI Rogue Lockon Grips
4" LED on the pod
8" LED light bar on the front bumper.
Badlands 2500 lbs. winch w/remote and Kong winch saver.
Full Aluminum Skid plate and A-arm guards(custom built)
Pure Polaris Front rack extension
Quadworks Stage 1 power kit
  • K&N Highflow reusable filter
  • Quadworks highflow prefilter
  • Dynojet kit
2" rear spring spacers
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-05-2014, 09:36 PM Thread Starter
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Sorry about the photo disconnect....I had problems a while back where if I sent out a link to pics I posted on Picasa, the recipient would be directed to Google+ and asked to sign up for it. When I tried to "break" this link I somehow deleted all of the links I had sent out previously to my online pictures. I probably had almost a thousand I had posted from the past 6 years of riding. I will have to re-upload these pics and post the link here. Give me a day or two to get this done......Gary in Westcliffe...Note that it seems Google has stopped linking Picasa to Google+.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-14-2014, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Finally got to upload the pics of the highlighted names. Note that I also did this to the Polaris name on the rear of my wife's 2012. No pics though.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Technical Discussions > ATV Visual & Body Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode