A-arm Frame Brace. - Polaris ATV Forum
ATV Visual & Body Modifications Post any visual modifications you have done to your ATV vehicle here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-19-2014, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
ATV Enthusiast

A-arm Frame Brace.

Most likely buying a new 2014 850. I'm looking to install a-arm frame braces. My previous (just sold) 2011 850 a-arms mounts snapped off, so I want to try prevent this from happening again.

Has anyone installed these and still had the mounts snap off?

Anyone know of or hear of the front mounts breaking?

I'm on the fence right now about buying Polaris again because of this reason. I see that Can-am has front frame issues, they're over priced anyhow. And when i look at Yamaha, Kawasaki, and Suzuki the the Polaris has more to offer in most every aspect other than being heavier.

I plan to purchase tracks with the new quad for more year round use and to get into back country sooner in the year. Otherwise I'd be much more tempted with the other machines even though they have lower power ratings.

Last edited by scroudt; 04-22-2014 at 07:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 07:57 AM
Polaris ATV Legend

Garage
This is the first I've heard of the front mounts breaking off. is it a common problem? Could your riding style have something to do with it? Or is it just a fluke?

"There are no problems. There are only Solutions. It's your job to find the right one.

2017 Sportsman 570 Touring EPS
3500 lbs Polaris winch with Synthetic Rope
Front Utility Rack
ODI Rogue Lockon Grips

2007 Hawkeye 300 17HP of gutless glory
25" STI Black Diamond ATRs
Pure Polaris Deluxe front Brush guard
Pure Polaris hand guards
ODI Rogue Lockon Grips
4" LED on the pod
8" LED light bar on the front bumper.
Badlands 2500 lbs. winch w/remote and Kong winch saver.
Full Aluminum Skid plate and A-arm guards(custom built)
Pure Polaris Front rack extension
Quadworks Stage 1 power kit
  • K&N Highflow reusable filter
  • Quadworks highflow prefilter
  • Dynojet kit
2" rear spring spacers
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 08:02 AM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

^ he was saying that the front of the Can Am Frames are breaking, i didn't see him call out his front A Arms. Im guessing he is referring to the rears.

i have Cecco's A Arm Brace and i love it. 400 miles and i ride fairly hard. seem to be holding up very well. Im sure others will chime in later in the day when they come on. i havent heard of anyone still breaking there Mounts.

2013 Sportsman 850XP H.O. EPS Touring - Blue Fire
Polaris 2500lb Winch W/ Syn Rope & Auto Stop, Heated Hand Grips, Heated Throttle Kit, Handguards, Mirrors, Storage Boxes - LED Headlights, ATV-Guru Cobra Front Bumper, K&N, NGK Plugs, Ricochet A Arm Guards, Ricochet Floor Board Guards, 60" American Eagle Plow, Worklight Mod, GoPro Hero 3, Polaris LED Headlight Upgrade, Custom Reg Decal Plate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
ATV Enthusiast

Yeah, I was referring to the rear mounts. I haven't heard of any issue with the front mounts on these machines either, but was curious if anyone has.

I've been dealing with the dealership a little. Want to talk to them again ans try get the price knocked down a little more. As soon as I pull the trigger I'll be ordering the brackets.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Technical Discussions > ATV Visual & Body Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode