Polaris ATV Forum banner

My Warn winch install

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  gtsum2 
#1 ·
#2 ·
That's one neat install!!! Looks good

#3 ·
Thanks

Last night I fabricated a controller mount for the handlebars. I copied the one that came with the RT30 that is on my 500. It came out pretty good. Just had a problem with some spray can nozzles clogging up. I am using the Rustolem Textured paint. I have some of them soaking in paint thinner, so hopefully I will be able to finish painting it. The spray cans are just about full.
I ended up putting the mount I copied on with the new winch, not because I didn't like they way it came out, just because I wanted to finish getting the new one installed.

#4 ·
looks good cableguy getting any riding in after the back injury

#5 ·
thanks for asking.
I went a few weeks back, after I was back to work for a week. We went to SSRT which is rails to trails. It was a good place to get back on the ATV mostly smooth trails. I wore a kidney belt which helped. Back was a little sore but not too bad.
Since then I have been going to the chiropractor and he is fixing my back being out of alignment due to the injury. He said this is where my pain is coming from. Been to four treatments and feeling alot better. I have also lost 45 lbs which is also helping, I would like to loose 20 more, but seems like I am stuck at 230lbs.
He told me that he can fix my alignment but the crushed vertebra is here to stay and may cause me problems but not too bad. I talked to him about wearing a back brace or kidney belt when I expect trouble at work or riding. so far so good. Going to get back to strengthening my core once I get thru a few weeks of adjustments. Still walking when I can, its just a little harder now that I am back to work. Working third shift, four 10 hour nights 10pm to 830 am
I cant wait to go riding again. I pulled some extra on call to make some extra money to catch up where I was off for three months. Been doing little stuff around the house that I have not been able to get to while I was hurt. Spent one day and night cleaning the garage but it still needs alot of work. The trash men are going love me, I am getting rid of the stuff that I thought I may need someday.

I was looking at getting a new truck, actually new to me, I cant see spending over 500 a month for a new one. But with my daughter starting High school this year and collage to follow, I am going to wait till she is done school and I am done paying child support to get a new one. Right now I am paying $640 a month, when she is done I will be able to spend $500 a month on a new truck and not even notice the money being gone. Plus I will be able to really get the truck I want, a diesel pickup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.