Anyone use TG Tyre Guider tires? - Polaris ATV Forum
ATV Wheels & Tires Trying to upgrade the stock Wheels or Tires on your ATV? Post here! Fitment questions, sizes, brands, whatever.
Sponsored by Discount Tire

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Anyone use TG Tyre Guider tires?

I came across some TG Tyre Guider Atlas tires (Bighorn 2.0 knock offs) on Chaparral Motosports site for a crazy low price but can't find much for real world reviews on them.

https://www.chapmoto.com/tg-tyre-gui...-748-q350-0080

Looking to put them on my 2010 Sportsman X2, used for utility and light recreation. Anyone heard of the line or had experience with them?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 10:55 AM
ATV Enthusiast

When ever I replace tires I have been using the Sedona Rip-Saw tires. They have 1 1/8 tread depth. The one here say 1/2 inch. We make the Richfield UT Jamboree every year and one thing I hate there is a lot of paved road riding on some rides. The Rip-Saw hold up very good compared to any other tire I have run.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 01:33 PM
ATV Enthusiast

Wish we had deals like that up here.Looks like a ok tire.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 07:58 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Ripsaws look nice

I checked out the ripsaws and they look nice but almost twice the price. I pulled the trigger and ordered a set, I'll post some thoughts after I get them on.

As a sidenote I also found a couple even cheaper options on tires-easy.com that were still 6ply:
https://www.tires-easy.com/26-9-14/g...ode/1378604269
https://www.tires-easy.com/26-8-14/w...ode/P39226814C

Ultimately I did business with who I was more familiar with.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 08:04 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Update

So 1st I'll say Chap Moto was outstanding, had the tires at my house in 4 days free shipping. The tires themselves are also great, 1st time I've mounted 6 Ply tires so getting the bead to seat was tricky other than that installation was a breeze since I have access to a tire changer.

Tread pattern is great, my test was removing some fabric silt fence from some ditches around my property that were half buried in the dirt and mud, my buddies 500 with tire tread that looked like my old ones kept spinning out. My new tires dug right in whether on grass or gravel (bit soft on road shoulder). I was able to pull about 75' at a shot before losing leverage & momentum. On top of that they ride much smoother than my old Carlisle AT489s. I feel more stability at higher speeds (grass, gravel & dirt). I'll be trying them out in the mud a little once we get enough rain to make the creek on my property nice and soupy.

Other thoughts, they are maybe 1/2" shorter than the old ones but look more aggressive overall IMO. Excellent Bighorn 2.0 knockoff at almost half the price! Glad I pulled the trigger instead of nursing along those old tires any longer.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Technical Discussions > ATV Wheels & Tires

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in