2012 Sportsman 500HO - Polaris ATV Forum
ATVs For Sale Looking to buy or sell your ATV, this is the place for you!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-02-2014, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

2012 Sportsman 500HO

UPDATED PRICE$$$$

As the title says, it's a 2012 Sportsman 500HO in Indy Red. Excellent shape with maybe 60 hours on it. Tires still in great shape, awd works perfect. Has zip up packs on the back. It's pretty much like new. I barely ride it anymore now that I moved. Comes with title and everything. Still has 6 months on the extended warranty.

looking for $4500. Located in Long Valley, New Jersey.

Last edited by Pedro7; 04-16-2014 at 04:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-02-2014, 07:15 PM
Polaris ATV Legend

Welcome to the board!

I tried setting my password to "penis" but it said my password wasn't long enough...
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-02-2014, 07:39 PM
Polaris ATV Legend

Garage
Welcome

And another..... Good Luck with your sale, at that price.

Matthew "MustBeNice"

2012 SPORTSMAN 800 EFI (INDY RED) Sept. 2015 ATV Of The Month
Mods: SuperWinch 3000 Winch - MotoAlliance Line Stopper - Glacier3 60" Plow - Polaris Rack Extenders - Polaris Bumpers - LowPro Shield - Polaris Hand Guards - Warning Debadge - 3Way Head Light (Relay) - Cabelas Mirrors - Wes Ind. Std Seat/Box - Kolpin Fuel Pack Jr - 26" Kenda BearClaw HTR Tires - HighLifter HD Springs - MotoAlliance Sirius 6" Pro LED Light Bar

2005 SPORTSMAN 400 (SONIC BLUE)
Mods: Warn 2500 Winch - MotoAlliance Line Stopper - Polaris Mid Shield - Wes Ind. Seat/Box - Shift Interlock Delete - Coleman Mirrors - Polaris Bumpers - 25" Kenda K590 Tires - PVC Spring Spacers

2014 RZR 570 EFI EPS LE TRAIL (WHITE LIGHTENING)
Mods: HarborFreight Badland 3500 Winch - MotoAlliance Winch Mount - MotoAlliance Line Stopper - Polaris Sport Roof - 1/2 Windshield - Warning Debadge - Rear View Mirror - Seat Adjuster - 26" Maxxis Tires - MotoAlliance Sirius 10" Pro LED Light Bar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-03-2014, 03:09 AM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Good luck on your sale.

I paid $5,600 new OTD in Sep '12 for my NEW 500HO.
I just bought the girlfriend a USED '13 500 HO for $4,100. It was like new underneath the plastics with 500 miles on the clock.
NADA high retail on a '12 Polaris 500HO is $5,100 and trade in is $3,100. These are retail from a dealer... Private party values on automobiles are usually close to trade in.
There's no way I'd pay over $4,000.

You have it priced like the wife said it had to go...

From orbit via Android.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-03-2014, 04:40 AM Thread Starter

I based that off one i saw on craigslist (never will post it there tho). The fiance actually loved the thing, but unfortunately we moved in to her apartment. I used to have a house that I rented with a couple buddies where I could ride all day, but thats no more so it sits. Ill list it for $5000obo. The atv is in perfect shape. I don't necessarily need to sell it.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-03-2014, 04:55 AM
Polaris ATV Legend

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatzie View Post
Good luck on your sale.

I paid $5,600 new OTD in Sep '12 for my NEW 500HO.
I just bought the girlfriend a USED '13 500 HO for $4,100. It was like new underneath the plastics with 500 miles on the clock.
NADA high retail on a '12 Polaris 500HO is $5,100 and trade in is $3,100. These are retail from a dealer... Private party values on automobiles are usually close to trade in.
There's no way I'd pay over $4,000.

You have it priced like the wife said it had to go...
I'd have to agree..... it's priced like the wife said "It has to go!"

FYI.... When I was shopping for my 2012 800, I also priced a 2012 500..... With the year end rebates and his pricing, a 500 would have been $5200 OTD (plus my $50'ish worth of MN DNR licensing fees). So $5600 is more than a bit high.... $4900-5100 is still even a little high, unless you have an invoice from the dealer that it's just been completely service front to back-top to bottom-in and out.... and it shines like show room condition!! Remember "retail price" implies it is being sold at a dealer/by a dealer and comes with a serviced and clean bill of health. "Private Party" on the other hand.... is an "as is/buyer beware" and is worth much less due to no dealer inspection/service and a clean bill of health. I'd say asking $5000 and taking no less then $4500 for it would be fair, in an already saturated atv market. Much more and a buyer will likely buy brand new.

Only having 1 post, and that being a "for sale" ad thread may not score you many points with some either.... may also want to try Craig's List or a local venue for sale.

Best of Luck with the sale.

Matthew "MustBeNice"

2012 SPORTSMAN 800 EFI (INDY RED) Sept. 2015 ATV Of The Month
Mods: SuperWinch 3000 Winch - MotoAlliance Line Stopper - Glacier3 60" Plow - Polaris Rack Extenders - Polaris Bumpers - LowPro Shield - Polaris Hand Guards - Warning Debadge - 3Way Head Light (Relay) - Cabelas Mirrors - Wes Ind. Std Seat/Box - Kolpin Fuel Pack Jr - 26" Kenda BearClaw HTR Tires - HighLifter HD Springs - MotoAlliance Sirius 6" Pro LED Light Bar

2005 SPORTSMAN 400 (SONIC BLUE)
Mods: Warn 2500 Winch - MotoAlliance Line Stopper - Polaris Mid Shield - Wes Ind. Seat/Box - Shift Interlock Delete - Coleman Mirrors - Polaris Bumpers - 25" Kenda K590 Tires - PVC Spring Spacers

2014 RZR 570 EFI EPS LE TRAIL (WHITE LIGHTENING)
Mods: HarborFreight Badland 3500 Winch - MotoAlliance Winch Mount - MotoAlliance Line Stopper - Polaris Sport Roof - 1/2 Windshield - Warning Debadge - Rear View Mirror - Seat Adjuster - 26" Maxxis Tires - MotoAlliance Sirius 10" Pro LED Light Bar
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-03-2014, 03:00 PM Thread Starter

[quote=MustBeNice;386210]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatzie View Post

I'd have to agree..... it's priced like the wife said "It has to go!"
say asking $5000 and taking no less then $4500 for it would be fair, in an already saturated atv market. Much more and a buyer will likely buy brand new.

Only having 1 post, and that being a "for sale" ad thread may not score you many points with some either.... may also want to try Craig's List or a local venue for sale.

Best of Luck with the sale.
As I said, and agreed, that $5500 was high. I went back and looked at my invoice and it was less than I thought I paid. I thought it was $6500, but was $5600 like you guys said. I see $5000 for these on a regular basis. I don't think it's an unreasonable offer. Do I expect to get that? Maybe, maybe not. But, again, I don't need to sell it, so why not hold out? I'm not going to post it at $3100 because one guy said "that's all I'd pay."

A far as it being my first post, I get it. I'm on multiple other forums, mostly jeeps and four wheeling. I used to be a moderator on a GM truck forum (when I had it). People sell things with their first posts all the time. Is it frowned upon? Yes, and it even frown upon it. But, posting "NICE QUAD!" ten times just so I have a double digit post count isn't very productive either. I'd rather post it and get flamed, that's what forums are for! And besides who wouldn't want to own this beautiful Indy Red Sportsman? Come on, you know you want it!

As far as condition, it's in great shape. Yes there are some scratches underneath. It's a four wheeler. It still has 6 months on the warrenty. If it breaks, they fix it. It has 60 hrs on it. That's pretty close to new.

Craigslist scares the crap out of me. Too many horror stories. It will be a last resort.

Last edited by Pedro7; 03-03-2014 at 03:03 PM.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-03-2014, 03:21 PM
Polaris ATV Legend

Could care less how many posts a guy has on a for sale. Its always buyer beware anyways, right?

I hear ya on CL.

And if you don't HAVE to sell it, don't feel bad about not wanting to lose on it.

2012 SPORTSMAN 800 EFI
K&N FILTER
ATV GURU FRONT BRUSH GUARD
CUSTOM REAR BUMPER
2500lb WARN WINCH
WARN PROVANTAGE MID
KENDA BEARCLAW HTR
POLARIS HANDGAURDS
KOLPIN 1.5 GAL FUEL PACK
QSC CLUTCH KIT

2012 SPORTSMAN 500 H.O.
ATV GURU FRONT BRUSH GUARD
3000LB SUPERWINCH
K&N FILTER
L&R REAR STORAGE

POLARIS HANDWARMERS

Last edited by whoppinpeelies; 03-03-2014 at 03:23 PM.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-03-2014, 04:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoppinpeelies View Post
Could care less how many posts a guy has on a for sale. Its always buyer beware anyways, right?

I hear ya on CL.

And if you don't HAVE to sell it, don't feel bad about not wanting to lose on it.
Thank you. And I don't feel bad. I should rephrase my post. I don't like first posters selling junk/crap they can't sell elsewhere. This is certainly not that case. It's a polaris...to a bunch of polaris enthusiasts.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-03-2014, 07:29 PM
Polaris ATV Legend

Since your experienced with forums im gonna light the torch when it comes to flaming you, lol. You use to live with your buds that rode all the time and now that you have a girl you wish to sell your atv? Your relationship is getting off on the wrong foot. She is gonna wear the pants for ever if you give in that easy. And if you are the one wanting selling your atv for more time with the lady then you need to hand over your man card immediately!! Or find a different girl that likes to ride. Even if she doesnt like to ride she should be willing to do so just for you. Just like you have to do stuff for her that you dont mostly care to do. Its give and take. My wife doesnt ask me to go to the mall, so im not going to ask her to go to northern tool or the dirt late model race. She does like a nice dinner and night out on the town every now and then. She also dont complain about us spending the day together in the mountains on the polaris roaming around with a nice picnic down by the river or lake. You gotta make it happen bro.

2018 Sportsman 850 SP Camouflage
2014 Sportsman 90 Sage Green
2018 Honda 250 Recon

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Classifieds > ATVs For Sale

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode