Quebec Riders here? - Polaris ATV Forum
Canada Canada

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-08-2011, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Quebec Riders here?

Any of you guys out there? Show pictures of your rides also!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-19-2011, 03:50 PM
ATV Enthusiast

Thinking of hitting the trails there next summer. Where abouts do you ride, Good trails?
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 06:19 PM

We ride on the trails of Club Quadri-Laus and Club quad de l'Outaouais. You can take the Outaouais trail in Buckingham and it will take you to Val-des-Bois (1.5 - 2 hour ride) where you can have meal and gas. From Val-des-Bois there you can go to Notre-Dame-du-Laus and all the way up north to Mont-Laurier. There is also a new trail you can take on "chemin de l'Aigle" about 500' from the intersection of the trail chemin de l'Aigle et chemin Rivière du Sourd. There are signs showing the direction to take. This new trail will take you to le "Club Petite-Nation" in Duhamel. Please note that this trail is crossing a Provincial park very important to respect the regulation on the trail.

Last edited by Polariste; 01-26-2012 at 06:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 07:09 PM
ATV Enthusiast

Hey,

I ride in Quebec a lot I have a cabin north of Fort Coulonge Quebec, I ride often in the Pontiac. It is all crown land around my camp it is endless.

I would like to check out the Buckingham trails and plan a trip all the way up to Mont Laurier, possibly this winter.

Quebec, I have to say has fantastic trails and scenery. The clubs are very well organized. I went on The Club Quad du Pontiac fall ATV run, it was a lot of fun very good trails and good people.

You can get on the Pontiac trails not far from Ottawa in Luskville.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-06-2012, 05:34 PM

We went to ride this week-end near Ferme-Neuve (north of Mont-Laurier).We stayed at the Rabaska. Nice cabin price $109 per day per person (breakfast and supper included) the supper is a 4 services and all I can say I must put another 5 pounds on my frame...Very good service and food. Trails are nice but sometimes you share them with snowmobiles. We went to the top of La montagne du diable (Devil's mountain) Superb view. We did about 95km during the day. I can send some pictures if anyone is interested.

Last edited by Polariste; 02-06-2012 at 05:39 PM.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-29-2012, 06:37 PM

Hey polariste, I ride quadris-laus, outaouais and petite-nation. Petite-nation is my favorite in the winter. Zec rapids de joachins is another great place to ride. $8 a day gets you great riding and access to 100 trout lakes. It is accessible by the ontario side across from rolphton.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 05:46 PM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Hey weaver! that is where i hunt moose! And yeah, its great riding and endless roads... You don't even need a pass there.. Polariste noted trails around Depot-de-l'aigle, and that's where i hunt deer! All of what you both noted is very local to where I live. And weaver, If you want, I'll show you to lake Dumont, which is accessible by truck or trail from your cabin within 60 kilometeres.... You won't beleive what goes on there. Endless trails, and a 3 kilometer long beach which is wide and all white sand. Parties are non-stop, and there is a Rave that is always around the beginning of july. DJ's come from germany, australia etc. Never cops. Access to Otter lake town, or The town of lake cayamant, both have gas stations, restaurants, beer and booze stores etc. There is usually at least 100 people on a slow day, and i've seen on a good day up to 500. When its a busy day, I leave to go riding and sight see. I rarely seen the same road twice in the 3 years i have been there. If wiling, i'll give you directions, bring a tent, food, lotsa beer and booze... And wait for the midnight tradition... Bathing suit optional! (ya, i'm canadian, and lovin' it)
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-19-2013, 04:29 AM

Lac Dumont, tell me more

Hey Fuzzy, seams like a guy I used to work with told about this maybe a decade ago in the lake Cayamant area. He said he used to ride there to check out the sights. If you would not mind passing on some basic directions to get to good place to park and to get to get to the lakes that would be awesome. Always looking for new places to ride.

We rode Notre Dame du Laus a few days after Christmas, most of the trails were closed, too much snow. I was a little disappointed with amount of trails that actually roads.

After Christmas we did a night run from Ange Gardien to Val Des Bois. Il love this trail in the winter, just awesome.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-19-2013, 01:33 PM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Something weird happened while trying to reply, so if it double posts, it's an accident. Anyways, you may be disapointed in that area because theres tons of roads. They are not maintained roads though, but are on crown land (no cops). We basically ride the roads and search thru side trails. You cant drive more than 1 or 2 minutes before finding a trail. Those trails are there because they usually lead to a lake or swamp. For DIRECTIONS, get to lac cayamant. When travelling thru town (going north) just past the liquor store, go left towards Depot-De-L'aigle. About 8 kilometers in, there's a left turn to dumont. It's clearly marked, cause so many people go there. once on that road, you will travel about 18 kms. Again, it's marked (dumont will be on the right). If you go straight, it brings you thru trails to the towm of otter lake (about 35kms from there. If you don't turn to dumont on the main road, you will travel about 22 kms, and hit ZEC pontiac. 8$ fee to pass thru. A little more to rough camp, or 125 a night to rent a cabin. If you got thru zec pontiac, it brings you thru roads and trails to Fort-coulonge (about 100 kms).. Those are rough trails, although marked. From fort coulonge you can goet to jim's lake rd. It's rough, but trucks get thru. If you travel the jim's for 108 kms you take a left and in another 54 kms straight down that you are in Rapides-Des- Joachims. look up Lac Dumont on google earth. most main roads are clearly visible. These are logging roads, abandoned 10 years ago. most hunters have used them to put trailers on, and have made smaller trails off of them to lakes. Aboslutely TONS of fishing there. tons of fun as well. Most of the fun comes from meeting other people from other places doing the same as you are. Dumont is the main attraction there if you want to relax, fish, get drunk, Or ride around. Hope this helps!
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-19-2013, 02:54 PM

Thanks Fuzzy

Cool, that fuzzy. I looked it up, west of gracefield. We camp/fish at 31 mile lake, so we know the area. Therefore a couple of videos on you tube as well. I might have to check it out. Thanks.

I snowmobiles in Zec rapids de joachins, nice spot as well. I will check out Dumont for sure

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > ATV Clubs, ATV Events & Regional Discussion > Canada

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode