Southwestern Ontario - Page 2 - Polaris ATV Forum
Canada Canada

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-22-2012, 05:36 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucko2929 View Post
Tried one of the HAAC trails outside of Dunnville last weekend - awesome! Pretty muddy this time of year, but a blast anyway.

There is a garage / gas station near buy that sells the trail passes (we paid $20 for the day to try it, or you can pay $150 for an annual pass to all OFATV trails).

It was well worth the $20 and we will definitely go back.

Only thing I can't seem to find is a good map of all the trails - seems to be a big secret! They didn't even have a map for the one guy in our group who bought an annual pass.

I think it would be good to share this information as I'm sure there are many other trails near me that I am not aware of. If I knew about them, I'd spring for the annual pass versus the day pass.

St. Williams is another area we ride. Some of the trails are quite narrow and can be a challenge. Also, lots of motocross bikes so you have to be careful.
Where in st williams do u ride... are u talking the forestry farm trails? We did ride Turkey Point until the mnr closed most of the trails Im from Tillsonburg. There is a place on the reserve in Oshwekin that has 50 acres of trails.. $12.00 a day on private property.

2011 Sportman 500 HO - RedRocket
2011 Sportsman 400 HO -GreenHornet
Love to Live ...Live to Ride....Polaris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-22-2012, 07:46 AM

Yes the forestry farm trails. Not as many as there used to be, but still enough to ride for the better part of a day.

I went to the place in Oshwekin as well (B&D ATV Trails). Pretty decent trails. The day we went he had a hot dog cart set-up and a fire going where you could sit down and have lunch.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-22-2012, 08:28 AM
ATV Enthusiast

I did not realize that the OFATV pass I bought from Quad Niagara would be good on all OFATV trails. Good to know, Thanks

2012 Sportsman 850 Touring EPS
28" Zilla's
Ridgid 2x2 LED Spot lights
Polaris upgraded headlights
HID Pod Light
Red LED strip behind front grill
Kimpex 2-Up Trunk
Polaris 3500lbs winch
Polaris touring cargo box
Warn 54" Quick release Plow (not so quick release)
Blue LED Plow wigwag lights
Powermadd Hand Guards

Pulling the rig is a 2014 Silverado High Country, and a 2015 modified cargo trailer / rolling man-cave.

Last edited by chevyguy86; 12-22-2012 at 08:30 AM. Reason: spelling error
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-22-2012, 09:34 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Smile

Quote:
Yes the forestry farm trails. Not as many as there used to be, but still enough to ride for the better part of a day.

I went to the place in Oshwekin as well (B&D ATV Trails). Pretty decent trails. The day we went he had a hot dog cart set-up and a fire going where you could sit down and have lunch.
Have yet to check out B&D Trails ,Thanks for the info, going to have to get there for a ride sometime. Too bad Turkey Point got closed It was a great place to ride.

post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-12-2013, 04:43 AM

Any of the OFATV trails still open this time of year? With the big thaw this weekend was thinking it would be good to get out again.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-12-2013, 05:38 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Quote:
Any of the OFATV trails still open this time of year? With the big thaw this weekend was thinking it would be good to get out again.
Not sure ,but i think most of them are for snowmobiles now. check their website to see for sure.We have a railbed that we use ,but we stay off it when threre is snow .the snowmobile club gets really pissed off at atvs around here. when snow is gone we rip er up the railbed lol

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-12-2013, 05:59 PM
TIP
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

As ar as I know the trails are mostly used May 1 to Nov 30 for ATV's. The rest of the year for snowmobiles. There are a lot of sled trails using farmer's private land and the land is not damaged with a layer of frozen ice, but when snow and ice are gone a lot of rutting and compaction would be done with ATV's. If we were to use and damage fields the prviledge to use these would soon disappear. A lot of trails are on hay, wheat, and pasture fields and even the snowmobile clubs shut them down if there is insufficiant snow and ice cover. You would just be cutting your own throught in the future to run on these trails. Permission would soon disappear and everyone would suffer. Same with a lot of the swamps that are regulated by the Ministry.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-12-2013, 06:26 PM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

I guess im lucky where i ride . The farmer has no issues with us ridin in the fields. He just comes in the spring and turfs it all up. Does not bother him at all. Just dont ride through his planted crops... now he will be pissed. He plants corn or soybeans.

post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-19-2013, 08:09 AM
ATV Enthusiast

That's good, a bunch of guys in my area that will allow me to expand - I'm between Brantford & Simco. To the best of my knowledge there is on paid trails here other than for sleding.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-30-2013, 06:09 PM
ATV Enthusiast

I'm from Oakville for when I move back home from work up north in Thunday Bay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowman View Post
Quote:
Tried one of the HAAC trails outside of Dunnville last weekend - awesome! Pretty muddy this time of year, but a blast anyway.

There is a garage / gas station near buy that sells the trail passes (we paid $20 for the day to try it, or you can pay $150 for an annual pass to all OFATV trails).

It was well worth the $20 and we will definitely go back.

Only thing I can't seem to find is a good map of all the trails - seems to be a big secret! They didn't even have a map for the one guy in our group who bought an annual pass.

I think it would be good to share this information as I'm sure there are many other trails near me that I am not aware of. If I knew about them, I'd spring for the annual pass versus the day pass.

St. Williams is another area we ride. Some of the trails are quite narrow and can be a challenge. Also, lots of motocross bikes so you have to be careful.
Where in st williams do u ride... are u talking the forestry farm trails? We did ride Turkey Point until the mnr closed most of the trails Im from Tillsonburg. There is a place on the reserve in Oshwekin that has 50 acres of trails.. $12.00 a day on private property.
Thats good to know about dunneville, and Oshweken. I go to Oshweken a lot for the dirt track races.. I'll have to go for an over night thing, go to the races friday night and ride all day saturday. Good to read this info

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > ATV Clubs, ATV Events & Regional Discussion > Canada

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode