Southwestern Ontario - Polaris ATV Forum
Canada Canada

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-11-2012, 08:17 AM Thread Starter

Southwestern Ontario

Im from the Woodstock area. Anyone know any good trails around here. I know of some but its always nice to fine new ones.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-11-2012, 04:12 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Hi there.. I'm in lucan and there are some trails around here if you're willing to drive about 50mins.. Where are the trail heads in woodstock?.. Might head that way sometime and check them out.. Are they public trails or do you need a pass?..
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-12-2012, 07:30 AM Thread Starter

Trails here are mostly County owned flood plains. Some farmers allow us on there property in the area as well. We ride Tillsonburg area trails too Are there lots of trails in Lucan?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-13-2012, 06:21 AM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

nice to hear there's some public land to ride on somewhere in southern ontario.. There is no public land anwhere near me so I had to join a club that operates a pretty decent trail system 15mins outside lucan (on the way to grand bend).. I joined to avoid any hassles since thats where I ride most.. I'd really be screwed for trails if I got banned or something.. I'd say 90% of the guys I see on the trails don't have passes though..
If you hear of any more public trails drop me a line.. Always looking for somewhere new to ride.. The same trails over and over again gets a little dull!..
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-01-2012, 08:02 PM
TIP
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

GOLPH12-- I would be interested in driving to the Lucan area. What club did you join? How many km of trails are there and where do they start? Could I get more info from you? I presently run rail bed in the Walkerton area and the Shelburne area. I would appreciate any info I can get. I have caught a trail at Innerkip but it was only a small ride. Cannot find any other trail info in that area.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-02-2012, 02:21 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

The club is called "ausible river riders".. go to "ausibleriverriders.ca" and you can get an idea of what they offer.. If I had to guess, I'd say there's approx 60 to 80 kms of trails between two trail system's they operate.. Both trail heads start in parkhill, but they'd have my ass if I posted the specific start points.. You'll see that I posted earlier that I saw lots of riders last year without a pass on the trails, but if you go to the webste you'll also see that this year, they've put some focus on cracking down on riders without a pass.. You can of course get a day or weekend pass if you just wanted to try them out.. I'm always just happy to see another machine on the trails, so it personally doesn't bother me to see a guy out there without a pass as long as he's not tearing the trails apart or causing ruts that cost money to repair.. The pass is $175 and if you work two 3hr trail maintenance days you get $50 back.. Its worth checking out if the drive isn't to much of a hassle for you..
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-02-2012, 07:59 PM
TIP
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

golf12--Thanks for the info. I will check out. I think my membership that I have will allow me on these trails but if not I will gladly buy a pass. TIP
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 06:30 AM
ATV Enthusiast

I'm from the Hamilton area and am a member of HAAC. Our trails are just outside of Dunneville if you are looking for a fun trail to ride. For the same reasons as golf12 I can't post the trailheads but if you guys ever want to try them out I am more than willing to show you around as I am out there almost every weekend. You can post here or look me up on the HAAC forum

2011 Sportsman 500 H.O.
2" RDC lift
27" Swamplites on stockers
Gorilla axles in the rear stock up front
Snorked
Kimpex outback storage box
2500lbs winch with synthetic
Polaris front brush guard
"Custom" rear bumper
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-21-2012, 03:30 PM
ATV Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinner View Post
I'm from the Hamilton area and am a member of HAAC. Our trails are just outside of Dunneville if you are looking for a fun trail to ride. For the same reasons as golf12 I can't post the trailheads but if you guys ever want to try them out I am more than willing to show you around as I am out there almost every weekend. You can post here or look me up on the HAAC forum
I'm in St. Catharines, and I would be interested in the trails in your area, I am a member of Quad Niagara, and have a trail permit, not sure if it's any good in your area or not. Quad Niagara have exactly "0" trails. Needless to say I won't be re-newing my membership.

2012 Sportsman 850 Touring EPS
28" Zilla's
Ridgid 2x2 LED Spot lights
Polaris upgraded headlights
HID Pod Light
Red LED strip behind front grill
Kimpex 2-Up Trunk
Polaris 3500lbs winch
Polaris touring cargo box
Warn 54" Quick release Plow (not so quick release)
Blue LED Plow wigwag lights
Powermadd Hand Guards

Pulling the rig is a 2014 Silverado High Country, and a 2015 modified cargo trailer / rolling man-cave.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-22-2012, 03:12 AM

Tried one of the HAAC trails outside of Dunnville last weekend - awesome! Pretty muddy this time of year, but a blast anyway.

There is a garage / gas station near buy that sells the trail passes (we paid $20 for the day to try it, or you can pay $150 for an annual pass to all OFATV trails).

It was well worth the $20 and we will definitely go back.

Only thing I can't seem to find is a good map of all the trails - seems to be a big secret! They didn't even have a map for the one guy in our group who bought an annual pass.

I think it would be good to share this information as I'm sure there are many other trails near me that I am not aware of. If I knew about them, I'd spring for the annual pass versus the day pass.

St. Williams is another area we ride. Some of the trails are quite narrow and can be a challenge. Also, lots of motocross bikes so you have to be careful.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > ATV Clubs, ATV Events & Regional Discussion > Canada

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode