accessories in Ontario - Polaris ATV Forum
Canada Canada

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-28-2014, 04:27 AM Thread Starter
ATV Enthusiast

accessories in Ontario

Does anybody have any good recommendation's on where to get a decent plow set up for a sportsman 570. I was also looking for good ramps at least 7.5 ft folding everywhere. Seems like all the great places to order parts and accessories are in the US. After they kill us with custom charges and shipping costs its not worth it.
Im just really surprised there isn't many places to find ATV accessories here in Ontario
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-28-2014, 05:42 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

I've ordered stuff from Orps Parts in Newmarket and 2koolperformance.There is also Royal Distributing,but found they are pretty pricey.

I don't have a plow setup so can't really help you on that. My buddies that do have the Polaris setup.

2011 850 xp
Front/rear bush guards/Rear cargo/Hand guards/Heated grips/A arm guards/RDC rad relocate/Stealth Snorkels
28"MegaMayhems/2500lb Warn winch/QSC clutch kit

You got to pay to play
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-28-2014, 12:42 PM
Polaris ATV Legend

A lot of the big stuff just can't go USPS to keep shipping costs down to there. I have to select certain things to not ship to Canada because it's just not worth the headache on a daily basis. But, if you find something you'd like a quote on that we sell, let me know and I'll get one together for you. Most of the time we can still beat a lot of the Canadian retailers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-28-2014, 03:41 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Send a message via MSN to shane-o
I found a good used polaris plow on kiji complete with mount for 250 fairly close to home other wise royal distributing or my dealer has been good to me

2015 xp 1000 black pearl,
-polaris front and rear bumpers
-polaris hand/thumb warmers
-polaris body guard
-gse slip on
-front diff fix
-cecco frame braces
-lock and ride front box.
-dobeck fuel controller
-big horn originals/mega mayhems depending on the ride
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-28-2014, 03:55 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Ups ground to Canada isn't horrible for the shipper, but the published rates are high. A plow no matter how its shipped is going to be expensive due to weight and dimensional weight. You can try to ask the retailer to work with you on the shipping, if they want the sale they might give you the negotiated on shipping.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-28-2014, 04:15 PM
ATV Enthusiast

I've bought a couple of items from Royal Distributing and their prices were as good as anybody's in my case, and they had the stuff in stock. I deal through my local motorcycle shop and they beat eveybody on pricing on my Warn plow. However, I suspect they got it via Royal, 2KoolPerformance, or directly from Warn. They had all kinds of parts catalogues on the desk. I'm in central Ontario and if you are anywhere near Cobourg, give Orange Motorsports a call. Good price, had the plow in less than a week, and very helpfull young lads.

2013 Sportsman 500 HO
Polaris Lock and Ride Rear Cargo Box
Polaris Deluxe Front Brush Guard
WARN 60" ProVantage Front Mount Plow
12" STI HD2se Gloss Black/Machined Rims
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-29-2014, 05:56 AM
Polaris ATV Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck9191 View Post
Ups ground to Canada isn't horrible for the shipper, but the published rates are high. A plow no matter how its shipped is going to be expensive due to weight and dimensional weight. You can try to ask the retailer to work with you on the shipping, if they want the sale they might give you the negotiated on shipping.
UPS isn't really much worse than the post office getting it there. It's the extra brokerage charge from the company that actually delivers it to your door that get you. They show up and ask for more money on the spot or won't leave your stuff. I've heard as much as $60-100 add on for parts as cheap as $20 to start with.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-29-2014, 06:10 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridinagain View Post
UPS isn't really much worse than the post office getting it there. It's the extra brokerage charge from the company that actually delivers it to your door that get you. They show up and ask for more money on the spot or won't leave your stuff. I've heard as much as $60-100 add on for parts as cheap as $20 to start with.
Yup, exactly what happened to a friend. He ordered a rad kit and when it arrived they wanted more money. Wasn't a deal after that.

My understanding is anything over $60 and you get hit with more fees.

2011 850 xp
Front/rear bush guards/Rear cargo/Hand guards/Heated grips/A arm guards/RDC rad relocate/Stealth Snorkels
28"MegaMayhems/2500lb Warn winch/QSC clutch kit

You got to pay to play
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-29-2014, 09:02 AM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

The sender needs to get their customs declaration right then, also depends on source origins for the commodities. You will be responsible for duties and tax, some NAFTA stuff might be exempt. the problem is ups collects the duty and tax, the post service leaves that up to the receiver to take care of it, which no one does.

Down side is usps is slow, weight limit, poor tracking, poor liability coverage and their delivery is more complicated since most carriers won't leave the package unless it fits in the mail box meaning the customer has to pick it up.

Can you get a few people together for group buy? Freight isn't horrible for a few hundred pounds.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-29-2014, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
ATV Enthusiast

I will never have anything shipped UPS again from bad experiences in the past. I was just looking for availability, not necessarily the best price. I just wasn't able to find anyone around that sells either decent ramps like the Yutrax or anyone that could give me decent information on plow set ups I could use on a 570. Plug and play with no drilling etc, for a plow.
BTW, There is one major parts distributor that advertises that they have the Yutrax ramps in stock. Anyway, when you call them they still tell you they have them in stock. Then you drive in there and they tell you they don't have them in stock and will not be getting any more. Brutal!
I just find it difficult to get any good information on basic products available in Ontario, and im not referring to performance mods.
I even had two Polaris dealers never get back to me when I asked what plows they had available and prices.I Guess their margins must be great on ATV and sled sales!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > ATV Clubs, ATV Events & Regional Discussion > Canada

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode