Hillpoint, Wi Guided Trail Ride May 18 2019 - Polaris ATV Forum
Midwest Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Kansas | Kentucky | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Nebraska | North Dakota | Ohio | South Dakota | Wisconsin | West Virginia

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Garage
Hillpoint, Wi Guided Trail Ride May 18 2019

[email protected] <[email protected]>

*** Weather permitting ***

May 18 - Sat. Hill-Point Start Location) From Highway 14 Take Highway 130 North (Thru Bear Valley and Cross County Road N)
(Rain Date June 1 - Sat.) E2976 Croal Road Hill Point,WI 53937 Right on Croal Road (some maps say Croal Hollow) To Sandusky Road
(Be on site 8:30 to 9:00 for the 10:00 start time)

There will NO local group doing the lunch, bring your own food.
Rough Camping is fine on site Fri.and Sat. nights but trail riding only day of event only. Let me know if plan to camp on site.
Full camp ground at White Mound Sauk County Park roughly eight from start.

Adults: $45
Kids 12+: $30
Passengers Over 12: $10
Passengers Under 12: Free

UTV max. width is 60 inches in faster group and 65 inches in slowest group only. Testing wider machines for this ride.

Events are limited to 100 machines.

The only way to save a spot is to pre-register.
If you are 90% sure you are coming, this means guides, helpers and regulars too. *** REPLY to this e mail so I know you are on my email list.*** as soon as possible. please include

1) full name/s
2) age/s
3) type of machine/s driving (ATV-UTV with width or Dirt Bike) or if a passenger

*** phone number of person doing pre-registration ***

Payment due at signup day of event.

If plans change just keep me posted before 7 am on Thursday, the week of the ride. After that time Full Payment is due if you cannot make the ride.
Make payment to Dan Fargen and mail to 7136 Highway K Middleton WI 53562. If payment is not received name will be removed from e mail list for future rides.

If you enjoy the Guided Trail Rides and want to see them continue...Please pass the word on to others via Facebook, Twitter, Dual Sport clubs, Races, Rides, Shops, etc...

Why you should ride:
We do not stop playing when we get old. We get old when we stop playing.
Only 1 spring ride.
One Day riding opportunity on private properties.
Temperature great for riding.
Winter is over.

All the necessary information can be located on the Southern Wisconsin Guided Trail Rides Facebook page OTHER than start location. Last minute weather cancellation and postponements will be posted on page too.
https://www.facebook.com/SouthernWis...dedTrailRides/

Looking for help before ride.
I plan on working clearing and marking the trail prior to the event and cleanup after event. Roughly plan on working weekend of May 11 and 12 and as needed the week before the ride thinking Thursday Friday. If you are interested in helping call or e mail me with any dates and times that you have and I will try to work with them. A few hours would be greatly appreciated. Full day commitment not necessary.
**** If you e-mail me to help, include the best phone number to call you.***

If you want to be removed from my e-mail list completely please reply with this e mail so I know what list your on.

Thank you.
Dan Fargen (608) 445-8228 7am to 10pm

JUNE 2017 & SEPTEMBER 2018 POLARIS FORUM ATV OF THE MONTH WINNER

2019 Sportsman 850 SP Premium

Removed all Warning Decals
3500# Polaris Winch W/Synthetic Rope
Winch Stopper Cable Line Saver
ATV-GURU.COM Front and Rear Bumpers
2" Receiver in Front Bumper
Kenda K587 HTR Bear Claws 26X9X14 & 26X11X14
Ultimate Series Windshield Fairing, Mid Height Windshield
New Style Polaris Lock & Ride Rear Storage Box
Garmin GPS176
Polaris Rear View Mirrors
4" Front Rack Extender
Center Brake/Tail Light LED
Rear LED work lights/strobes

Built on March 27 2019
Purchased New April 13 2019 0.1 Hr .2 Mi
Power Sports Abrams, Wi

SOLD
2006 Sportsman 800 EFI Twin
Purchased new to me on Aug 08 2016 97Hr's 811Mi
Sold Apr 07 2019 231 Hr 3126 Mi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=k6Nlb_qRoeg

"I am the majority!"

*WEAR A HELMET, I'M LIVING PROOF THEY WORK!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 05:56 AM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Garage
Just refreshing post

Garmin GPS176
4" Front Rack Extender

Built on March 27 2019
Power Sports Abrams, Wi

SOLD

"I am the majority!"

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 08:28 AM

Garage
Thank you for hosting this event. I have heard it's awesome and not something to miss. I had planned on going but I have a Scouting campout that weekend. If the date changes due to rain out please post so I can attend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 02:51 PM
Premium Member

OP does not host the event he is just passing on the information. He and I have attended this event over the last several years and try to promote it. This is planned and executed by Dan Fargen from up in Wisconsin. If you look up Southern Wisconsin Guided Trail Ride on Facebook you will get the page with all the information. And yes, Dan puts on a hell of a great ride. This is the spring ride and there are usually 2 in the fall near Middleton.
bellracing2 likes this.

Mine: 2018 Sportsman 850SP - 26" Bear Claw HTRs on OEM steel wheels(I really don't like the Aluminum ones)
Polaris Hand warmers, Mirrors.
Hers: 2007 Sportsman 500 EFI, Polaris Winch, 26" Bear Claw HTRs on Moose 427x Wheels. QSC Clutch Kit, Hand Warmers
2001 Magnum 325 MOSE 12" rear wheel conversion. 25" Sedona Coyote tires
2001 Magnum 325 Warn winch and Moose 60" plow
2017 Polaris Ranger 1000XP - Roof and front glass
SOLD 2004 Sportsman 600 Twin
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 07:07 PM

Secured my spot with Dan today. Sounds like fun!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 07:29 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
Secured my spot with Dan today. Sounds like fun!
Great, see you there! Look for us when you get there. FPD and I are going for sure. I will have a grey Chevy crew cab 4X4 with 4 ATVs on the trailer. 90 Trail Boss, Red 07 Sportsman, 01 Magnum 325 and my 18 850 SP.

I was up there yesterday helping prepare the trails. Looking real good for the ride! I think the weather this week is supposed to be good too. Dan said yesterday there are a lot of motorcycles signed up this time. I will go up again later this week as there is one property that he can't get on until tomorrow.
bellracing2 likes this.

Mine: 2018 Sportsman 850SP - 26" Bear Claw HTRs on OEM steel wheels(I really don't like the Aluminum ones)
Hers: 2007 Sportsman 500 EFI, Polaris Winch, 26" Bear Claw HTRs on Moose 427x Wheels. QSC Clutch Kit, Hand Warmers
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 09:45 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

that hillpoint ride was fun . cant go this time . basketball tournament in hammond indiana this weekend . finally get to see him play , and sleep in my own bed every nite .

17 rmx450z dirt pig

18 klr650 dual sport pig new adventure bike
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 06:03 PM

I was at the ride today in Hill Point for the first time and met a few of the guys. It started raining during the drivers meeting and quickly went south!!! No one can control the weather, they were calling for rain after 2:00 pm but dam did they get that wrong. It got muddy quickly. Most of the inexperienced dirt bike riders never made it up the first set of hills. Then a atv in my group got stuck about 1/2 way up, front wheels would not engage, then his winch gave up, and then the engine said I had enough and stopped. It plugged up the uphill route. Some of the guides were trying to physically push and pull but that was not working. Another guide brought his group of atv's around and up the hill and they stopped on top and the guide from that group, (who turned out to be FPD218 as I found out later when I went to thank him), went back down the hill to retrieve a tow strap they left on the trail and returned to the broken atv and hooked up to it mid hill where the trail was so slippery you could not walk on it and put on a show and pulled the broken non running atv to the top. Most were laughing at the thought of thinking that was going to work but if someone was taking bets FPD218 would have made a pocket full of money. Turns out he has a new 2019 850SP and that thing was like a tank. Mud was flying from all 4 wheels and everyone stood around with there mouths open then said "If I didn't see that with my own 2 eyes I would never believe that".

I had fun, got dirty, got wet, and if you measure fun by the pound I had about 200 pounds of additional fun when I left! Good thing Dan don't charge by the pound!!!!

Dan and his guides set up a great coarse, had it marked very well, posted an update at 6:00 this morning on FB letting everyone know it was a go. I was able to ride the trail many times and the guides kept taking anyone out that wanted to go again.

Thank You Dan, and tell all your helpers, I'll be back!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 05:30 AM
Premium Member

Ok, I was guiding the group you were in then......The machine that got stuck was my son in Law. He thinks the belt got wet when we crossed the creek and was slipping. Then the front wheel drive died and later the motor. I think the air cooled engine just got too hot with all the time on the hillside. We ended up winching some and had some success. When Jerry hooked on to him with the tow rope all of us (including Jerry) thought there was 0 chance he would be able to move him. It did work and we winched the rest of the way to the top then I towed him back to the truck. It is a great ride! A little bit muddy with the rain in the AM though. The bikes had a tough day I think. Both FPD (Jerry) and I helped with the trail prep before the ride. I was up there last Saturday and again on Thursday. Jerry went up on Friday and stayed. I will pass your comments along to Dan. He works hard to make it a good ride!

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Garage
Dank, thanks for posting about your first experience riding with the southern Wisconsin guided trail riders. Yes, Dan puts on a great ride and there is a lot of work as you had seen the trails setup. There's a lot of work that goes on building bridges, fixing mud holes, marking the trail, brush cutting out the trail, and asking other owners for permission to use their land.
Dan picks his guides very wisely, and we do what we are supposed to do. We look out for everyone's safety, we are actually first responders when something goes wrong. We know what to do, we know all the trails, and we know shortcuts through the woods to take to get people back safely has happened yesterday on that Hill. Thanks for your positive feed back I'm glad you had a good time as I think everybody did. One thing I can guarantee you everybody is doing today is cleaning their rides . Hope to see you in Middleton for the Fall Ride.

And just to clarify Steve point he is correct I never thought in a million years I would pull that dead ATV up that hill, I would have lost money to! If anybody had their phones out and took video of that I'd sure like to see it though!

Sent from my XP8800 using Tapatalk

Garmin GPS176
4" Front Rack Extender

Built on March 27 2019
Power Sports Abrams, Wi

SOLD

"I am the majority!"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > ATV Clubs, ATV Events & Regional Discussion > Midwest

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode