Misaligned rear tires. - Polaris ATV Forum
Polaris ACE Discuss the single seat Polaris Sportsman ACE here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 07:09 PM Thread Starter

Misaligned rear tires.

Hello all,
I have a '15 Ace 570 that has it's rear tires out of alignment. Been this way since buying it. Bugging me more since my neighbor bought his 50" Maverick with perfect alignment.
The right rear tire is angled in at the top and toed in. The left rear is not as bad. I've seen others at dealerships and trails that are either better, the same and worse than mine. Wish Polaris had a better handle on the alignment of these frames.
The difference riding the Ace and behind it compared to my Grizzly is noticeable. When riding straight on a gravel type trail or loose dirt. You can plainly see the Ace kicking up debris outwards away from the machine and disturbing whatever your riding on. The Grizzly doesn't hardly leave a mark. Letting off the throttle on each and even moving them around in my garage shows with the incorrect rear tire alignment on the Polaris is def robbing HP (my Ace has a clutch kit to reduce the engine braking). I know the Ace being heavier contributes to this abit.
I noticed the bracket that holds the right rear supension arms is not welded as tight to the frame like the left. I'm know that is not helping. I have pics to show.
My bushings and bearings have no play.
Suspect the only way to correct this rewelding brackets and /or suspension arms?
Anyone else correct there machine?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 08:55 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

the wife's 570 was like that when newer ,i tightened the rear shock collars to stiffest and wheels were much straighter, with or without rider on quad ,

2016 Scrambler 1000 xp
GSE single slip on muffler
Direction2 flares

2016 Sportsman 570 non ebs
Direction2 flares
ITP XTR radials
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 04:00 AM
Polaris ATV Legend

You just bought this quad and it's used, correct? How many miles and hours? The right rear shock and spring gets beat up from the heat of the exhaust on the ATV's. I'm assuming the routing of the exhaust is the same on the ACE. Depending on the miles/hours/abuse it may be time for new shocks and springs. But if this machine was bought used there may be more serious damage there.

2011 Sportsman® 800 EFI
GURU front brush guard
GURU rear brush guard
Polaris front lock n ride cargo box
Polaris rear rack extender
Warn RT 3.0 winch w/amsteel synthetic line
Viper aluminum haus fairlead
Polaris front spring adjusters
Ricochet a-arm guards
Ricochet full frame skid plate
ITP T-7 beadlock 14" w/OMF inner rim guards
Maxxis big horn 2.0 26x9 front
Maxxis big horn 2.0 26x11 rear
QSC clutch kit
EPI HD springs front n rear
ODI rogue 130mm grips
Ultraseal commercial grade tire sealant (front)
Highlifter tire sealant (rear)
CTEK 3300 battery maintainer
added 7 zerks
beefed up wiring harness
OGIO rear bag
ROTOPAX 1gal. + 2gal. gasoline can
Jccapri bushing kit
Kolpin Over Fenders
Rigid Industries E-Series 10" flood
Walker Evans struts
NGK Iridium's (2,500 miles on Champion's and they looked great!)
Odyssey Extreme battery PC545

2018 Sportsman® 570-T
2019 Aluma® A8818
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 06:17 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp405 View Post
You just bought this quad and it's used, correct? How many miles and hours? The right rear shock and spring gets beat up from the heat of the exhaust on the ATV's. I'm assuming the routing of the exhaust is the same on the ACE. Depending on the miles/hours/abuse it may be time for new shocks and springs. But if this machine was bought used there may be more serious damage there.
I doubt that the issue is due to abuse or a tired spring. I have seen brand new machines with the same problem. Bought mine with about 340 miles and was in like new condition. It was an elderly couple who owned 2 identical machines. This was the wifes Ace. They traded it in for a RZR to take there grandson on rides.
I replaced all stock springs with Bandit springs. It didn't make any difference at all.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris Model Specific Discussions > Polaris ACE

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in