2018 570 Dual A-Arm Lift kit?? - Polaris ATV Forum
Polaris ACE Discuss the single seat Polaris Sportsman ACE here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

Garage
2018 570 Dual A-Arm Lift kit??

Hi all,

New to polaris and just bought this 2018 leftover. I have had many many dirt bikes and street bikes over the years, but only one quad, a late 1980's vintage Yamaha Big Bear 350 that I use mostly for plowing. Well this spring the frame broke at the footpeg on the poor old big bear so I began looking for a replacement. After being astounded at what a used 4x4 atv quad goes for with a plow I decided to bite the bullet and buy a new one with a plow. After looking around a bit I stumbled upon the ACE lineup and thought that it might be nice to plow behind a windscreen and with a roof and possibly some doors! I was lucky to find a good deal on a leftover and brought it home a couple weeks ago. Still getting used to this whole CVT thing, a bit unnerving to listen to the engine drone away like that, but I suppose I will get used to it. So anyway, my neighbor has a sportsman 500 and when I got it he was intrigued by the ACE and said let's go try it on the powerlines behind our house, which I would never be interested in doing on my big bear, but I love it on my dirt bikes.

So anyway, first time out I smashed the winch cover off on a protruding rock. The neighbor suggested I look into a lift kit to get it a little higher up in the air. I looked around and only found kits for the McPherson strut machines, but nothing for the dual A-Arm machines. Does anyone know of a reputable company that makes a kit for the dual A-Arm machines?

Also, if I can ask another question, since I am still a little skittish about the CVT tranny and belt, is it worth getting one of those infra-red belt temp gauges? Any other mods that people think are worthwhile (e.g. ECU remap, clutch kit, etc)? Want to make it last longer, not necessarily any faster.

Thanks for any help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 03:52 PM
Premium Member

Did you get it from Paul at Texieras??? Idk about a lift kit but some aftermarket tires would do the trick. Also skid plates if you're hitting the power lines. They can get rough in sections!!!

2011 Sportsman® 800 EFI
GURU front brush guard
GURU rear brush guard
Polaris front lock n ride cargo box
Polaris rear rack extender
Warn RT 3.0 winch w/amsteel synthetic line
Viper aluminum haus fairlead
Polaris front spring adjusters
Ricochet a-arm guards
Ricochet full frame skid plate
ITP T-7 beadlock 14" w/OMF inner rim guards
Maxxis big horn 2.0 26x9 front
Maxxis big horn 2.0 26x11 rear
QSC clutch kit
EPI HD springs front n rear
ODI rogue 130mm grips
Ultraseal commercial grade tire sealant (front)
Highlifter tire sealant (rear)
CTEK 3300 battery maintainer
added 7 zerks
beefed up wiring harness
OGIO rear bag
ROTOPAX 1gal. + 2gal. gasoline can
Jccapri bushing kit
Kolpin Over Fenders
Rigid Industries E-Series 10" flood
Walker Evans struts
NGK Iridium's (2,500 miles on Champion's and they looked great!)
Odyssey Extreme battery PC545

2018 Sportsman® 570-T
2019 Aluma® A8818
2020 Outlander® 1000R XXC (on order, ETA mid-Sept)
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp405 View Post
Did you get it from Paul at Texieras??? Idk about a lift kit but some aftermarket tires would do the trick. Also skid plates if you're hitting the power lines. They can get rough in sections!!!
No, went out of state for it. Texieras only had a couple of 2016's, a 325 and a 900. They have been sitting in their yard for 3 (possibly 4 years now). The 900 when I was taken to look at it had mold growing on the seat from sitting outside so long. If he had been willing to cut a really good deal for a 3 year old machine I would have considered it, I live about 10 minutes from them. As it was he gave me a quote for the 325 and gave me a whopping $300 off because it was leftover. I called around to a few places and found Ronnies is North Adams, MA. He took $2k off the price of a 2018 that was on the showroom floor. It already had the roof, windshield, and some of the storage bags in the overhead installed. He also cut me a great deal on the accessories as I told him I would install all of it myself so no labor needed on his part. Also did not pay sales tax (I don't plan on registering it in NY) so I saved a ton of money there too.

My neighbor with the 500 sportsman went to buy a new one at Texieras, the story he told me was it was on the showroom floor, the price tag read $6900, he said fine, I'll take it, started putting cash on the counter, he turns around and says, Oh no, it's over $10k, it has several thousands worth of accessories on it. He was not amused, picked up his money off the counter and walked out the door, hasn't been back since. When they were a KTM dealer, I went in to buy some small items, they didn't have a set of wheel bearings in stock, so they said they would be in a few days. I said no problem, I don't have a race this weekend. When I went to pick them up they were like double what they should be, I said, hey, what's this $19.95 charge on the reciept? Oh, well that's a special order cost because we didn't have them in stock! Now, if you are not familiar with KTM's and dirt bikes, you should know 2 things, wheel bearings are a wear item, in a rocky/muddy enduro you can wear a set out in 2 rides. The other thing is KTM almost never changes the wheel bearings so 1 part number will work for every adult size machine for the last 15 years, occasionally they change the spacers, but that's only happened once in the last decade! This would be like Autozone charging you $20 because they don't have pair of brake pads for your Honda Cvcc in stock! I was pissed and went back to ordering mail order. My buddy walked in to look at a new 250 2 stroke KTM. KTM makes a 250 2 stroke and a 250 four stroke and they are only separated by an "F" in their model designation (i.e. 250 XC-W = 2 stroke, 250 XCF-W= 4 stroke). The price tags on the 2 bikes were reversed as the 2 stroke had a tag that was $1000 higher than the 4 stroke. If he had been in the market for a 4 stroke he could have got a great deal. When he pointed it out to them they told him he didn't know what he was talking about!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 04:36 PM
Premium Member

Hmmm interesting. I had good luck with them. Heard good things from others also. But that's just the way it goes.

2011 Sportsman® 800 EFI
GURU front brush guard
GURU rear brush guard
Ricochet a-arm guards
QSC clutch kit
ODI rogue 130mm grips
added 7 zerks
beefed up wiring harness
OGIO rear bag
Jccapri bushing kit
Kolpin Over Fenders
Walker Evans struts

2018 Sportsman® 570-T
2019 Aluma® A8818
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 05:15 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Hmmm interesting. I had good luck with them. Heard good things from others also. But that's just the way it goes.
It is what it is. I did go in there to order the replacement winch cover and I will probably get the oil and filters for the 25 hour service there. For what it's worth, their quote for the 2016 325 was pretty much the same as a brand new 2018/2019 ACE 500 from Hermans. When I went in to order the winch cover, they had the 325 put together and on the showroom floor, when I went back the other day to pick it up, it was no longer there, so I assume they sold it. If he had told me I could have the 900 for $7500 I would have probably jumped on it, that looks like a whole different beast!

Anyway, back to the problem at hand. I thought about tires, but you would have to go up in tire sizes 3" to get 1.5" more ground clearance. It seems like a 28" tire would be about $130 to $150 per corner, so possibly as much as $600 for new tires, sand I wasn't exactly sure they would fit in the fenders. Plus I did some research on the clutch setup and it seems most people say you should change the clutch weight/springs if you run bigger tires. So add in that cost as well. In comparison, the 2" lift kits for the older ACEs are only $150 to $175, a much better deal.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 12:56 AM
Premium Member

Yeah but you'll need new tires anyway!!!! Stockers are junk. And obviously we are having this conversation because you bottomed out on the powerline trails. Other wise it might not be an issue, say if it was just a plow rig and /or light easy flat trails. The clutch kit is a good idea and I would put one in if going up in tire size and weight. BUT it's not a necessity. You would just have to be diligent about being in (L)ow when needed. Also if you have 25" OEM tires I'm willing to bet @5psi they measure somewhere around 24.5". Now I went up to a 26" Bighorn 2.0 and @5psi they measure 26.75". So right there that over an inch in ground clearance just by going up on size. Food for thought. Now if you do any legit (not some spring spacer lift) 2" lift at that point you are putting a lot more stress on your axles. This is due to the degree they'll be at from the lift. Now your looking at problems there. Good axles will run you $800+. Either way you can play the scenarios out and the end result is $$$$$$$!!! For me tires and skids get it done. So even if you do bottom out the skids protect the underside of the machine.

2011 Sportsman® 800 EFI
GURU front brush guard
GURU rear brush guard
Ricochet a-arm guards
QSC clutch kit
ODI rogue 130mm grips
added 7 zerks
beefed up wiring harness
OGIO rear bag
Jccapri bushing kit
Kolpin Over Fenders
Walker Evans struts

2018 Sportsman® 570-T
2019 Aluma® A8818
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 09:24 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Yeah but you'll need new tires anyway!!!! Stockers are junk. And obviously we are having this conversation because you bottomed out on the powerline trails. Other wise it might not be an issue, say if it was just a plow rig and /or light easy flat trails. The clutch kit is a good idea and I would put one in if going up in tire size and weight. BUT it's not a necessity. You would just have to be diligent about being in (L)ow when needed. Also if you have 25" OEM tires I'm willing to bet @5psi they measure somewhere around 24.5". Now I went up to a 26" Bighorn 2.0 and @5psi they measure 26.75". So right there that over an inch in ground clearance just by going up on size. Food for thought. Now if you do any legit (not some spring spacer lift) 2" lift at that point you are putting a lot more stress on your axles. This is due to the degree they'll be at from the lift. Now your looking at problems there. Good axles will run you $800+. Either way you can play the scenarios out and the end result is $$$$$$$!!! For me tires and skids get it done. So even if you do bottom out the skids protect the underside of the machine.
Some more good info, I was unaware about the axle issue, so I guess the only reasonable way is slightly larger tires and learning how to drive it better.

Any input on the Belt temp gauge being worth it or not? I was thinking of making my own instead of spending the $300 on the razorback one. Seems like the sensor is about $25 from Mouser electronics, all I would have to do is rig up a display.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 10:14 AM
Premium Member

I mean is it a good idea to monitor temps, yeah. BUT those type indicators aren't necessary in our region I feel. Clutch housing temp is something those guys out west running in hotter more laborous conditions like sand dunes. Where these dudes are running their machine WOT for long periods. They also make clutch fans to either push or pull more air for the purpose of keeping belt temps at bay. Again though not for us. Personally I wouldn't go that route.

2011 Sportsman® 800 EFI
GURU front brush guard
GURU rear brush guard
Ricochet a-arm guards
QSC clutch kit
ODI rogue 130mm grips
added 7 zerks
beefed up wiring harness
OGIO rear bag
Jccapri bushing kit
Kolpin Over Fenders
Walker Evans struts

2018 Sportsman® 570-T
2019 Aluma® A8818

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris Model Specific Discussions > Polaris ACE

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in