This is how you find which parts from other machines fit yours! - Page 3 - Polaris ATV Forum
Polaris ATV How-Tos Polaris ATV How-Tos, Guides, FAQs put together by the PolarisATVForums.com membership.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-18-2014, 12:27 PM

It's not working out for me. Can anybody help?

I'm trying to put this strut on my 1995 300 4x4. I have no idea where it came from (the part) but the shock does't quite fit right. We've made it work with a copper sleeve, but I'd like to be able to find the correct shock to fit in there. Any help would be appreciated:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2G...it?usp=sharing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-30-2015, 07:38 AM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueline15 View Post
I see this request time and time again, so I quickly took some screenshots to show you how I do it. This is also how most dealers do it too!

Go through the list, and click on the section you think it will be under. It will automatically expand the options, and show the picture, just simply click on a different link to condense the current selection and it will open the newly selected link automatically.[/B]

TIP: You can click on the numbers themselves in the image, and it will highlight and center on that item in the list on the left.

NOTE: You'll notice our master cylinder assembly has a (-) under the # column, meaning that it is not listed in the microfiche image. But it still gives us a part number to use or order with. You'll find this is very common on many assembled parts, such as engines and gear cases as well.

You will want to select and copy the 7 digit part number, and then look at the menu at the top of your screen, and click on Advance Search

You simply paste the part number into the search box on the left, just like I have done. Almost always I leave the rest undone, see the tip below.

TIP: Almost always I leave the rest of the filtering options unmarked. This will give you the full list of machines that have matching parts. If you are wanting to know if a part from a specific machine fits your machine, than you can narrow the results to a certain product line and year.

Hit search, and it brings up your results for machines with matching parts.

TIP: You'll notice you have the Arrange By drop down box, I usually set that to model year, but arrange the results in whatever fashion is easiest for you.

VERY IMPORTANT TIP REGARDING COLOR: If you are looking at anything color related, such as body plastics, in addition to their part number they will have a dash and a three digit number. Something like XXXXXXX-XXX. Almost every year, the colors have changed slightly, so they get new color codes. If you search the whole 10 digit number, your results will be poor. If you search only the first 7 part numbers, you'll see all the machines that use that style of bodywork, but not necessarily that color.
Great post.thanks. I've been telling people about this for years very helpful.

As a side note an easier way to use it is to expand the area on the left where it shows the quantity part number description etc at the very right of that list it will have a column for "usage", if you click on that button it shows you all of the recent models that use that particular part, only downfall is I believe it only goes back a few years and is not as inclusive as doing it the way you showed in the original post.

Jim

2015 Sportsman 1000 XP
02 Sp700/'10 850 XP EPS sold
2014 RZR 900 XP
2000 Scrambler 400 2x4
-Trail Mod -RcR Ported
-.010" over Wiseco
-HSP billet head/12:1 compression
-V-Force Delta 2 reeds/cage
-RcR HPD Trail pipe &
-RcR HPD MSA silencer
-RcR HPD Clutched
-Team RR secondary
2016 Switchback Adventure 600
Triton SL8 ATV trailer

Last edited by jimmypsp700; 09-30-2015 at 07:41 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Technical Discussions > Polaris ATV How-Tos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode