First of all , I'm a new member here....
, but I'm not new to forums.
I know this thread is old, but I recently purchased a 2001 sportsman 500HO with these hubs and while going through and checking everything I came across this issue.
I've read this entire thread twice and still not sure which way to go.
My problem - 1 hub stays engaged after turning off AWD.
- I have taken everything apart on both hubs to see if anything is different and found nothing.
- With all wheels off ground, if I move this hub back and forth a few times it may dis-engage and it may not,,,, more often not (no rhyme or reason why or why not)
- Armature plate doesn't seem to have any excess 'magnetics' to it
- When I engage the AWD, all magnetics work as they should
- I moved the hilliard clutch to the other side and same thing on the new side
This leads me to believe its in this clutch itself, but everything looks good.
Do you think it could be as simple as the retainer spring getting old and not retaining like it should ?
This system seems very finicky.
Any help is appreciated,
Thanks in advance