High Lifter mods - Page 2 - Polaris ATV Forum
Polaris Highlifter Discuss the new Polaris Highlifter 850 and Highlifter 1000

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Garage
Davenport, right by Haines City. Ride in a lot of local mud holes, but a lot of them are being built up into housing developments. So I'm looking for new options, River Ranch, Hogwaller, never been to them, don't know anyone to get in with.

must modify
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 02:39 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearheadesw1 View Post
Davenport, right by Haines City. Ride in a lot of local mud holes, but a lot of them are being built up into housing developments. So I'm looking for new options, River Ranch, Hogwaller, never been to them, don't know anyone to get in with.

I messaged you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Garage
Replied, thanks man.

must modify
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 03:15 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Here’s my 2016 HL with mods in my signature. Currently need to pull the rear diff because every time I drain it it looks like 2%milk
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7EDF47B9-6C5E-4147-9686-F2FD007600BF_1557746073255.jpeg
Views:	17
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	117863  
gearheadesw1 likes this.

Mine-

2016 Polaris Sportsman 1000 Highlifter
RJWC Exhaust- For Sale!
GSE Trail Tamer slip on exhaust
RVS Performance ECU flash
Snorkel Kit
KFI Tiger Tail
HD ATV Gear Pinion Plate Upgrade
High Lifter DHT Front & Rear Axles
Uni Air Filter
Rogue Offroad Radiator cover
Dalton Industries Primary Clutch Spring
Mictuning 14" LED Light bar
Race Driven Mud Rotors and brake pads

2018 Polaris 1000 RZR XP
Tusk Aluminum Storage Box
Dragonfire Gusset Plate
Super ATV Front bumper
UTV Giant Doors, roof, half windshield, light bar
Razor Nation Door Graphics
Extreme UTV winch
Seizmik mirrors

2016 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7L Diesel

Wasted Wages SOMD
@wastedwagessomd on Instagram
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 06:52 AM Thread Starter
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmerwin View Post
Hereís my 2016 HL with mods in my signature. Currently need to pull the rear diff because every time I drain it it looks like 2%milk
Yeah man, I had mine flip in the water, changed all oils. Everything looks perfect, except for my rear diff, itís always milky now. Sucks, going to flush it with Marvel Mystery Oil again, replace all the vent lines, see where the heck that gets me.....

must modify
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 07:39 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmerwin View Post
Hereís my 2016 HL with mods in my signature. Currently need to pull the rear diff because every time I drain it it looks like 2%milk
Yeah man, I had mine flip in the water, changed all oils. Everything looks perfect, except for my rear diff, itís always milky now. Sucks, going to flush it with Marvel Mystery Oil again, replace all the vent lines, see where the heck that gets me.....
Ive flushed mine time and time again and every time i ride it ends up looking milky. I had a bad axle seal in my front, I replaced it and haven't had an issue since. Not sure if i should just do the axle seals or pull it and break it down and do a thorough cleaning
gearheadesw1 likes this.

Mine-

2016 Polaris Sportsman 1000 Highlifter
RJWC Exhaust- For Sale!
GSE Trail Tamer slip on exhaust
RVS Performance ECU flash
Snorkel Kit
KFI Tiger Tail
HD ATV Gear Pinion Plate Upgrade
High Lifter DHT Front & Rear Axles
Uni Air Filter
Rogue Offroad Radiator cover
Dalton Industries Primary Clutch Spring
Mictuning 14" LED Light bar
Race Driven Mud Rotors and brake pads

2018 Polaris 1000 RZR XP
Tusk Aluminum Storage Box
Dragonfire Gusset Plate
Super ATV Front bumper
UTV Giant Doors, roof, half windshield, light bar
Razor Nation Door Graphics
Extreme UTV winch
Seizmik mirrors

2016 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7L Diesel

Wasted Wages SOMD
@wastedwagessomd on Instagram
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Garage
Soooo, my ITP beadlocks need splined lug nuts, everything I see, says 12mm x 1.50, I have a set of, what the box says, is 12mm x 1.50 splined lug nuts. These fit over, the wheel stud, no wrong pitch or anything. I've been running wheel spacers, and these splined lugs fit them, so I'm really confused as to what lugs to get that fit my '16 HL 1000. Anybody have any idea what size came on this machine from the factory?

And I found it, m10x1.25, if anyone needs that little bit of information....

must modify

Last edited by gearheadesw1; 05-17-2019 at 06:09 PM.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Garage
Was out at Hogwaller last night for the first time. As expected, not a lot of water this time of year, and as such it was all sand, deep sand. For the first time the HL1000 over heated to the point of spitting out the vent tube, started cutting out a couple of times, so I shut it off and ran the fan only for a few minutes. I was surprised that the overflow bottle was not able to accept water to top off the system, think I'll be modifying the radiator cover to be able to take off the rad cap with out removing the entire top cover, can't now, and my snorkel extensions make it difficult to take it off. Both fans where working, I think the new giant tires and deep sand had the bike working hard to go forward, overheating it for the first time. Will be addressing that, clean the radiator, flush, refill, go from there. No apparent leaks.

must modify
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 06:23 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Quote:
Was out at Hogwaller last night for the first time. As expected, not a lot of water this time of year, and as such it was all sand, deep sand. For the first time the HL1000 over heated to the point of spitting out the vent tube, started cutting out a couple of times, so I shut it off and ran the fan only for a few minutes. I was surprised that the overflow bottle was not able to accept water to top off the system, think I'll be modifying the radiator cover to be able to take off the rad cap with out removing the entire top cover, can't now, and my snorkel extensions make it difficult to take it off. Both fans where working, I think the new giant tires and deep sand had the bike working hard to go forward, overheating it for the first time. Will be addressing that, clean the radiator, flush, refill, go from there. No apparent leaks.

Ours overheated all the time. Finally put the rogue off-road cover which is crazy money but havenít had any over heating issues since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gearheadesw1 likes this.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 03:39 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Garage
I've been to Hog Waller once before last year. Crazy busy when I went but yeah all sand and there was a lot of water when we went. Saw a lot of atvs and side by sides being towed out after being submerged. knock on wood my highlifter knock off hasn't overheated yet being here in the southeast. The fans do get a work out though.
gearheadesw1 likes this.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris Model Specific Discussions > Polaris Highlifter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in