Polaris ATV Forum banner

Magnum 325 4x4 lift kit

7K views 9 replies 2 participants last post by  stave7119 
#1 ·
Ive been reading and researching and there are several mentions of the $37 kit that lists is for a 335 or 500 magnum.

I have a 2000 magnum 325 4x4, has anybody actually bought and used that kit or is the '335' a typo and its really for the 325's?

#2 ·
So apparently the $37 2" lift kit does fit a 2000 325 magnum, Im in the process of getting it put on. The "directions" that come with it are a bit sketchy but its fairly self explanatory anyways.:big-grin

#3 ·
Sorry I missed this earlier. The 335 is not a typo, but the model wasn't that popular and didn't last that long. Good luck with the lift! There was another thread earlier this week about making more power with the 325 engine. You are going to need some if you want to turn a much bigger tire. I made some adapters to put 12" wheels on my MOSE unit and have 25" tires on it. It does fine on regular trails or around the yard. But I found the limit on a private property trail with a muddy hill climb.

#4 ·
Ok so the front part of the kit fit fine, the back is a cluster ____ . The brackets that come with just dont fit (like it was meant for a different model and probably was) but I was able to cobble it together and fab a little to make it work. The instructions that came with it was literally a 2 paragraph instruction paper and the page was ripped in half cutting off the last several words of each sentence leaving one to guess exactly what Im supposed to do.

With shipping it was less than $50 so I guess to get the front part of the kit it was worth it. The sellers website in the description part lists 2000 magnum 325 as a fit. Well it kinda does...

I plan on running 25 or 26" tires max has nearly new itp mud lites on it now so I may wear them out first then move up, already looking at spacers to get 12" rims in the back.

#6 ·
I plan on running 25 or 26" tires max has nearly new itp mud lites on it now so I may wear them out first then move up, already looking at spacers to get 12" rims in the back.[/QUOTE]

You can run 25" without the lift. I have them on my MOSE machine. I did make the adapters so I can use a 12" wheel. I have had ITP Mudlites on my plow machine since I got it running in 2004 and they have done well for me. Daughter and son in law have that machine with the plow for this winter. I am gonna put a plow on the EFI 500

#8 ·
Well to start with you need the CAD drawings. Then a machine shop with the proper CNC tools and a machinist with the skills. We bought a round bar of aluminum about a foot long. Cut it into 4 sections then machined each one to the dimensions we needed adding holes for the 4/4 and 4/156mm bolt pattern. Each one is about 2.5" thick.

I have a good friend who is a tool and die maker. He has accumulated his own set of machine tools with another friend of his. I can see if I still have the CAD drawings filed in my computer.

#9 ·
I dont have access to a cnc or anything like that but thanks anyways. 1 other question I see you list your magnum as MOSE? Is that Mossy Oak Special Edition? Mine is Mossy Oak camo also.

#10 ·
There are places that sell the adapters but they are fairly expensive. The old school trick was to use a 2003 Predator hub and add a 2.5" spacer to each side. You can still get the hubs from Polaris last time I looked but they are not cheap either. Used ones are pretty scarce any more.

Probably the cheapest way to get a 12" wheel would be the Delta ones.

Yep Mossy Oak Special Edition....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.