1995 Magnum 425 4x4 - Polaris ATV Forum
Polaris Magnum Discussions for the Polaris Magnum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 09:56 AM Thread Starter

1995 Magnum 425 4x4

Hey guys new user here! I just picked up a used 1995 magnum. It does not currently run but I am hoping to change that. There was no rear shock on it so the rear is completely dropped. I just ordered a 1989 trail boss shock/spring off ebay that I hope will fit. I will change the oil and spark plug. Are there any good guides/videos on carb cleaning? Also, do you know where I could find the side plastic or would the side plastic from any other model fit? I look forward to reading and learning from you all. Thanks!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wheeler.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	2.14 MB
ID:	119745  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 12:55 PM

I have the same machine which I don't know why I've put so much money into it but I enjoy fixing it. I've gone through the carburetor completely, bypassed the stator and installed a RM Stator, replaced the CDI box, replaced the Pulse Pick up coil, replaced many seals and replaced front wheel bearings, new sprockets and currently I'm trying to replace my Fan sensor in the radiator which they are not longer available. I have no idea about the side plastic, Ebay is probably your best bet. You need these basic things for the thing to run, Spark, Compression and fuel. I knew nothing about the Polaris ATV when I bought this, had I known a little more I would probably
have passed on this machine.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 01:11 PM Thread Starter

@4-wheeler thanks for the reply! I sure hope I can get it to run. I got it for pretty cheap. I don't mind putting some money into it if it's a solid machine. I have never owned anything polaris. This one seemed to be well kept based on looks. I am going to try to get the rear shock on, oil changed, carb cleaned and see what happens from there. Are there any other good groups/forums that know about this machine?>?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 02:02 PM

Here's a new looking side panel for $22 and there's several more listed too.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Polaris-Mag...sAAOSw8sZdO4qk
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

Awesome thank you so much!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris Model Specific Discussions > Polaris Magnum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in