96 Magnum 425 4x4 - Polaris ATV Forum
Polaris Magnum Discussions for the Polaris Magnum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-19-2011, 05:46 AM Thread Starter
ATV Enthusiast

96 Magnum 425 4x4

Hi guys. I'm the guy with the magnum whose trying to change the needle valve so I'll quit draining the tank because of the dripping fuel. I know there's supposed to be a single screw holding the seat in but there's two screws holding a plate over the edge of the seat. And I CAN'T get the screws out! What are my chances of success if I just change the needle valve and not the seat? That might be my last option. Hope you can help. Gary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-19-2011, 06:51 AM
Polaris ATV Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary.howell View Post
Hi guys. I'm the guy with the magnum whose trying to change the needle valve so I'll quit draining the tank because of the dripping fuel. I know there's supposed to be a single screw holding the seat in but there's two screws holding a plate over the edge of the seat. And I CAN'T get the screws out! What are my chances of success if I just change the needle valve and not the seat? That might be my last option. Hope you can help. Gary
You have a few options: Just change the needle. Using a hard handle short #2 phillips screwdriver tap it lightly with a hammer. Or use a heat gun and heat carb in the area the screws are in. Use caution so that you don't cause a fire. Use needle nose vise grips on the head of the screw. Last use a small chizel and tap the screw clockwise to get it out. I hope this helps.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-20-2011, 04:28 AM
Polaris ATV Legend

do you have an impact screw driver ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-20-2011, 07:38 AM Thread Starter
ATV Enthusiast

Awesome guys! Thanks so much. I finally got it out! The screen seems clean and in good condition. Now, one more and I hope the last question for a while! What is the appropriate way to remove the screen and o ring so I can put it on the new seat?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-20-2011, 08:34 AM
Polaris ATV Legend

Quote:
Awesome guys! Thanks so much. I finally got it out! The screen seems clean and in good condition. Now, one more and I hope the last question for a while! What is the appropriate way to remove the screen and o ring so I can put it on the new seat?
Maybe a small screw driver or pliers.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-20-2011, 09:55 AM Thread Starter
ATV Enthusiast

Thanks. Got it. Have the new seat in and the float pin started through the first post. This may sound stupid but do I have to try and fit the needle valve in while in the process of putting the pin in? Or is there room to get it on and in place after putting the float on.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-20-2011, 10:33 AM
Polaris ATV Legend

Quote:
Thanks. Got it. Have the new seat in and the float pin started through the first post. This may sound stupid but do I have to try and fit the needle valve in while in the process of putting the pin in? Or is there room to get it on and in place after putting the float on.
Put the needle on the float before putting pin in. Then line the holes up for the pin then push the pin thru.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-20-2011, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
ATV Enthusiast

Thanks tt425!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-20-2011, 10:41 AM
Polaris ATV Legend

You are welcome. Glad to help you out.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris Model Specific Discussions > Polaris Magnum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode