Oil leak - Page 3 - Polaris ATV Forum
Polaris Magnum Discussions for the Polaris Magnum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 09:16 PM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

no o=rings the lines go into the cooler straight on there's barb's on the cooler, tyhe other end is a 90 degree angle fitting which i bought of ebay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-17-2013, 01:53 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

also bought a replacement fan from ebay for $25, it's a exact fit!
High Performnce 8'' Staight Blade Electric Radator Cooling Fan 12V 600CFM | eBay
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-17-2013, 06:22 AM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Our two 325's of 2000-2002 era Magnums. The Fuji engine has barbs on both the engine and cooler with the return to the engine line being one size larger so for about $25 I got both new hoses at NAPA. The project 325 (due to the owner blowing the cooling line to the cooler) has the Robin engine with the steel/rubber lines. I expect if we salvage that engine we will just barb out for the engine like on the Fuji engine. The Fuji engine as both lines coming out of the oil filter base where as the Robin has the oil coming out of a crankcase port and returning to the base of the oil filter. The Fuji set up has both cooling lines entering on the upper right corner and has a drain plug so we can remove all dirty oil. The Robin set up has no drain in the cooler with the enter line on the upper left corner and exit on the upper right corner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-17-2013, 10:38 AM Thread Starter
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Just never knew they used two different engines. Mine is a 2004 330 and I have worked on a 2003 325 and both engines looked the same to me? What years did they make a engine change? Also I thought that Polaris made there own engines so I am learning more all the time. So I will take a guess and say mine must have a Robin in it with the o rings in the cooler fittings.
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-17-2013, 06:35 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Fuji and Robin are the same engine but our Fuji was made in Japan instead of the USA.
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-17-2013, 06:41 PM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

I must have the Robin piece of chit engine, loud knocks at idle, was pissed when i gave the popo dealer my vin# and he said that it wasnt covered under the recall.
Napa wanted $40 for 2 90 degree 3/8" fittings and then plus the cost of the hose, too much, so I'm waiting for 2 fittings i bought off fleabay.
Had a 335 sportsman past winter and that motor was quiet, Fuji!!!
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013, 05:06 AM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

I will go with straight barbed fittings like Polaris uses for the total non steel oil lines. Not sure why they went with 90 degree long lines.

Keep in mine the Fuji and Robin is basically the same engine from the same company. It is the oil lines and oil cooler that are different between our two 2000-2002 era Magnum 325's. Other than the oil filter base, oil lines and cooler the two bike are about the same.

The 325 Magnums as others have noted are more like tractors. They can grind all day but will not do 85 MPH in the road. At 650 pounds and a tad over 4' wide with the rear tires is is all I want but I do not plan to be in the mud or any place it might get stuck.

As a side note I do not suggest used ATV's for those who want to ride more than they work on them. This is especially the case if they are over 5 years old or have been trail ridden much. One year of creek riding can do more harm than a chicken farmer in 15 years when just used to get around and do light work.

We got ours for the rebuilding experience as much as for riding because the kids are 16 and they are more like working on a tractor than a car yet are good wrenching experience.
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-22-2013, 09:19 PM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Mine is mossy oak camo, got it for free for working on a quad for a buddy, has a winch and tube front bumper, knocks like crazy but run's good, i'm over 300# and it moves me around..........even goes thru the mud hole's better than my 600 sporty
Got a pair of 90 degree angle fittings off fleabay for 10 bucks, going to napa and have them crimped with 3/8 high pressure trans lines tommorow

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris Model Specific Discussions > Polaris Magnum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode