2016 Polaris outlaw 110 no power dies at idle - Polaris ATV Forum
Polaris Outlaw Discussions for the Polaris Outlaw 50,90,450, 525

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-07-2018, 05:54 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs down 2016 Polaris outlaw 110 no power dies at idle

Hey guys, new here. I have a 2016 outlaw 110 that's 8 months old. It runs but will not idle and has no power. 1st the dealer said I had dirt in the fuel injector and gas tank, which I didn't believe because I have two Yamaha 700s that use the same fuel and gas can. They both are running perfect. Dealer told me it was fixed, I picked it up and it did run but that same day my son drove it for about 2hrs and it went back to the same issue. Took it back again and the dealer said the exhaust valve was bent, which also I thought was bs cause I could spray starting fluid in throttle body and quad would run.. and yes I told the dealer this, but they already took it apart before he told me what he thought was wrong. Which pissed me off but long story short they put it back together and also said the fuel was bad. Took 3 months to get it back and again 2hrs of riding, it won't idle and no power. Does anyone have a clue cause the dealer don't.. please help,,,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-07-2018, 07:48 PM
Polaris ATV Legend

New fuel pump is $365 - it's probably the problem
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-08-2018, 06:51 AM Thread Starter

Hey latebird, thanks for you input. What makes u say its the fuel pump? Cause it does run great for awhile then goes to crap but once it dont run the dealer mess with the fuel system and then it runs good again. Isnt the fuel pump in the tank. Any input is welcomed just lost at this point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-08-2018, 07:47 AM
Premium Member

2 hours exactly and then loose the power? what happens if you let it cool down? does it restart normal or the problem is still there?

Life is to short to live it miserably
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-08-2018, 08:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitsector View Post
2 hours exactly and then loose the power? what happens if you let it cool down? does it restart normal or the problem is still there?

it stays the same. the dealer does something to get it to run but it goes back to not running after about 2 hours. dealer had it for 3 months and said they ran it but soon as I picked it up and my son ran it, it stopped working. I watch my son ride it every time so its nothing he's doing.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-08-2018, 09:45 AM
Polaris ATV Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjjquadlife View Post
Hey latebird, thanks for you input. What makes u say its the fuel pump? Cause it does run great for awhile then goes to crap but once it dont run the dealer mess with the fuel system and then it runs good again. Isnt the fuel pump in the tank. Any input is welcomed just lost at this point.
Yep, the pump is in the tank - if it runs for t hours then won't restart, it it running out of fuel and then needing the fuel system re-primed?

Not good to let them run dry, but on the little EFI machines, all there is is the fuel pump, throttle body, injector, ECU and the electrical system. The injector sprays a constant stream of fuel into the air stream. As the throttle is opened the TPS tells the ECU to increase the amount of fuel to match the air flow. The battery voltage is the biggest problem followed by the fuel pump, injector, ECU and TPS. Come to think of it, if he's not running it fast enough and on the brakes frequently, the brake light might be drawing the battery down.

Try starting it by spraying starting fluid into the air filter - if it starts that way, next time try starting it by holding the throttle wide open and closing it slowly while cranking the engine.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-08-2018, 12:56 PM
Premium Member

do you fill all the way up the thank before using the bike? Some ECU´s in cars put the engine in a "reduced power" mode under certain circumstances... engine getting too hot, low gasoline, low oil level, etc. Maybe the engine is getting too hot. Don't know if the bike is air cooled or liquid cooled. But seems that running for 2 hours and then going into that reduced power might be related with the engine getting too hot.

Life is to short to live it miserably
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-08-2018, 01:15 PM
Polaris ATV Legend

These little machines are not that technical - they have very few if any sensors - it does have a fuel sensor, a "trouble" indicator, neutral indicator, reverse indicator and an EFI relay. I do not have a manual for this particular model, but will be getting one soon. It is air cooled, but I can't find a temp sensor anywhere.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-08-2018, 07:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by latebird View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjjquadlife View Post
Yep, the pump is in the tank - if it runs for t hours then won't restart, it it running out of fuel and then needing the fuel system re-primed?

Not good to let them run dry, but on the little EFI machines, all there is is the fuel pump, throttle body, injector, ECU and the electrical system. The injector sprays a constant stream of fuel into the air stream. As the throttle is opened the TPS tells the ECU to increase the amount of fuel to match the air flow. The battery voltage is the biggest problem followed by the fuel pump, injector, ECU and TPS. Come to think of it, if he's not running it fast enough and on the brakes frequently, the brake light might be drawing the battery down.

Try starting it by spraying starting fluid into the air filter - if it starts that way, next time try starting it by holding the throttle wide open and closing it slowly while cranking the engine.

Hey thanks for the info, the quad did start up by itself and it runs but it just seems slow,,, but after awhile it loses all power and don't idle, I don't think it's the battery cause the kid flys, but made there is something to it getting to hot cause the kid does do donuts with it but then he rides again

Last edited by Jjjquadlife; 01-08-2018 at 07:07 PM.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-08-2018, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitsector View Post
do you fill all the way up the thank before using the bike? Some ECU´s in cars put the engine in a "reduced power" mode under certain circumstances... engine getting too hot, low gasoline, low oil level, etc. Maybe the engine is getting too hot. Don't know if the bike is air cooled or liquid cooled. But seems that running for 2 hours and then going into that reduced power might be related with the engine getting too hot.

The quad is air cooled, and the tank is always topped off before we ride.
There might be something to it getting hot but he does go about 30 mph most of the time.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris Model Specific Discussions > Polaris Outlaw

Tags
outlaw 110 polaris fuel

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode