Polaris ATV Forum banner

outlaw 525 s motor swap ?s

9K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  neandrathal 
#1 ·
I have a 08 outlaw 525 s and my wife decided to blow the motor up. Well now I kinda want to put a street bike motor on it like a 600 or something of that size. I was wondering if anyone has tried this and if so how hard was it to do, and what size and brand of motor was used. And also what all had to b changes out. Thanks in advance

#2 ·
It'll be a lot of fab work, but could be fun. I know there are these projects out there on the internet.

You will add significant weight to the machine. You will also need custom motor mounts, and in addition to the new motor, you would need all of it's electronics, and it's cooling system. From there its shoehorning the motor in, making your connections, and mounting the large radiator somewhere safe.

It won't be very functional as an ATV anymore, but it will be insanely fast and very wheelie prone.

#4 ·
Im hoping to find a slightly wrecked r6 or something similar so hopefully I can use most of the parts off of it. I hope im not getting in over my head. the local polaris shop here where I live said its would cost around 4 grand to put the original motor back on it and I figured if I was gonna spend that much why not make it worth my wild

#7 ·
Just ran across this post. Was wondering if u ever did the swap? I am in the process of pulling out my 500. And have the plans to drop a cbr 600 engine in it. I know its gonna be a lot of work but the end result is gonna be crazy. If you did it just wondering if u had any words of advice?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.