Polaris ATV Forum banner

Outlaw 50 battery issues

21K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Skierdad 
#1 ·
Hi All: I tried doing a search on the subject but didn't come up with anything. I am guessing this has been hashed over before but I can't seem to find a thread on it.

Bought my kids a 50 cc outlaw last summer. Road it all summer with absolutely no issues what so ever. Started every time and we had a blast riding together. put it away with some stabilizer in the fuel around October.

Went to pull it out yesterday and battery was dead. Key wasn't on or anything. Our ATV's are shedded every day/night so they aren't out in the elements unless we are riding. I put the trickle charger on the battery and got nothing. Battery seems to be out. If I kick start it, ATV runs just fine.

So....is there is a history of this happening? We have hard winters so the reality is, this ATV won't get ridden from basically October to March each year. Am I going to have to replace the battery every spring?

Also, how the heck do I even get that battery out? Do I have to take all the plastic off to get at that thing? It was darn near impossible getting the tickle charger on it!!!!!!

Do the 90cc sportsmen/outlaws have the same issues? If not, I am thinking of getting rid of this and jumping to the bigger size.

Any help with all my questions is greatly appreciated. Thanks out there.

See less See more
#2 ·
Remove the batteries (I know it's a hassle) and bring them in for winter, or get a battery tender. They make one now that will charge like 6 bikes at one time. You can hook them all up, no worries. I keep 4 bikes and a 40HP Kubota hooked up year round and it works like a champ. no more dead batteries from sitting idle.

#3 ·
Thank you for the response. Much appreciated. Is there anyone who can answer my other questions?

Is this a known issue with the 50cc Outlaws?

How about the 90cc? Do they seem to have this issue?

Do I have to take the plastic off to get the battery out?

Thank you for taking the time to read this and help me out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.