Polaris ATV Forum banner

Phoenix snorkels ??

7K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Desy34 
#1 ·
Last year I bought my daughter an 09 Phoenix. All in all it's been a great machine for her with one exception...Water enters the clutch casa via the cvt cooling duct. This happens because the snorkel (duct) is located directly above the left front tire. My question is this. Has anyone or does anyone know of a snorkel set for the Phoenix? I know that this is a 2wd sport type platform that's not made for mudding, but we do ride when it rains and we do cross the occasional creek and mudhole and its a pain to have to remove the drainplug constantly.

Thanks.

#2 ·
hmmm.

sorry, i havent seen or heard of anything. Maybe just try to do it yourself. i really am not sure. sorry. hope You find somthing!

#4 ·
My wife had a Phoenix and I snorkeled it. i ran a spa hose from the intake and exhaust and ran them up front and curved them around and tucked one on each side of the fuel tank between the panel and tank. She could drive that thing seat deep and didn't get the belt wet at all. I used to ahve pictures on my old computer but it crashed and lost everything.

#5 ·
I just fabbed up, out of aluminum, a cover for the front under nose area...to cover all the electronics and i drew it back enough to encase the belt air intake as well...We had an issue with what i believe to have been water forced into a plug by a big puddle....what i see as a bad design was not to cover the electronics on that bike !! look under the nose, theres all the plugs and electornics, and even a little "tab" that appears it should hold a lid or cover but no cover ! so after some sheetmetal work its all covered and even the air intake is now covered...hafta do some pics if anyone is interested..i can email them to ya...was an easy make and could be done even easier probably than i did.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.