Street bike engine to Predator - Polaris ATV Forum
Polaris Predator All discussions for the Polaris Predator

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-25-2011, 01:24 PM Thread Starter

Street bike engine to Predator

Hello everybody!

I am new in this forum and i would like to know has anybody fitted street bike engine to Predator?

I bought -05 Troy Lee Predator and -06 GSX-R 1000 engine to make some mixing...

If anyone have some ideas what to do and not to do i would be very thankful.

I live in Finland, northern europe, and its hard to find after market parts from here.

I think i will need little longer swingarm, wider rear axle and A-arms.
Does anybody know company wich deliver parts to europe with reasonable prices?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-25-2011, 07:12 PM
Polaris ATV Legend

Welcome to the board!

I tried setting my password to "penis" but it said my password wasn't long enough...
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-25-2011, 08:10 PM
ATV Enthusiast

my personal favorite is ebay prices are good
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 06:05 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for tips.

Is here anybody who has put bigger engine to Predator frame?
I mean is there some things wich need special attention when modifying the frame?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 04:38 PM
ATV Enthusiast

Good luck with that. Remember don't mount the top of the engine to the frame just use the bottom mounts. If you didn't already know that. And will it fit in the frame without the gas tank being too close to the engine. I know that causes a major problem with most hybrids. That's about all I got for you. There are some other forums out there that have a lot of these types of projects.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 04:40 PM
ATV Enthusiast

Keep us updated tho. Those types of builds are always interesting.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob bo View Post
Good luck with that. Remember don't mount the top of the engine to the frame just use the bottom mounts. If you didn't already know that. And will it fit in the frame without the gas tank being too close to the engine. I know that causes a major problem with most hybrids. That's about all I got for you. There are some other forums out there that have a lot of these types of projects.
Thanks for the tips!
I will post pictures and some story about the project with my bad english when i get something done..

Is there some good reason why top of the engine should not mount to frame?
That is new to me!

About gas tank, i think i will place gas tank under the seat, but time will tell.

Can you tell me what forums i should seek informations about this kind of projects i would be really pleased!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-03-2011, 12:05 PM
ATV Enthusiast

When it is mounted at the top there is vibration from the engine sent straight to the frame. That vibration will eventually cause problems with the internal part of the engine because there is no give when its mounted at the top and bottom. If you don't have the top mounted you avoid a lot of extra unnecessary vibration. Most of the time hybrids vibrate alot anyway because the frame wasn't built specifically for that engine. So the top needs to be free which allows the normal vibration to escape without being sent right back to the frame. It will make it more comfortable to ride. I'm pretty sure most machine's these days are built without the top engine mount anyway because of that. Some of the old atv's (honda 3 wheelers) were built factory with the top mounted and it caused problems. Keep in mind the info I'm giving you is from reading and following these builds. Never done one myself but really am interested in it. I have a Yamaha Blaster and I'm on a Blaster forum. A lot of those guys do them and post pictures and give advise. You might google Yamaha Blaster and the forum should show up.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 07:00 AM

I've never done it but seen a couple predators with r1 motors in them. Tried to ask the process of the install like frame fab that needs to be done and never got a response. I was looking to doing the same have a second predator with out a drivetrain. Still trying to plan everything before I invest.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris Model Specific Discussions > Polaris Predator

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode