Polaris ATV Forum banner

2003 Polaris predator 90 will idle but bogs out.

19K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  lateburd 
#1 ·
I have a 2003 predator 90.
It was running fine and one day out on the trail my daughter was driving along and it lost power.so I brought it home and tried to figure out the trouble. It will idle but dies when you pull the throttle unless you at the same time feather the manual choke then you can get it to keep running. When it dies it will fire right back up. here is a list of what I have changed and still have the same trouble.

all new
spark plug
fuel filter
carb
rubber intake between carb and reeds
new reeds
piston
rings
jug
have tried running it with fuel cap of thinking it was getting vapor locked
took supply line off of fuel shut off and hooked it directly to the filter cause I thought it was starving for fuel but the filter never runs dry when its bogging
took 2 screws out of the rev limiter
tried unhooking rev limiter but quad wont start with out it hooked up
checked the switch in the throttle seems to be working right

did all these things and still have the same issue with no power. I have googled it and seems like many have had the issue but I couldn’t find out a fix from any of them.

See less See more
#8 ·
Is the throttle cable adjusted properly?

THROTTLE CABLE / ELECTRONIC THROTTLE CONTROL (ETC SWITCH) ADJUSTMENT
1. Slide boot off throttle cable adjuster and jam nut.
2. Set parking brake.
3. Start engine and set idle to specified RPM.
NOTE: Be sure the engine is at operating temperature. See Idle Speed Adjustment.
4. Loosen lock nut on in-line cable adjuster (Ill. 1). 5. Turn cable adjuster out until engine RPM begins to increase. 6. Turn cable adjuster back in until throttle lever has 1/16
(.16 cm) of travel before engine RPM increases. 7. Tighten lock nut securely and slide boot completely in place to ensure a water-tight seal.
Switch Plunger Must Be Held In By Cable Tension
NOTE: Be sure ETC switch plunger is held inward by throttle cable tension (see Ill. 2).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.