Polaris ATV Forum banner

06 Polaris Predator TLD steering problems pls help!

5K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Jkendall 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all, I have a 06 Polaris predator TLD and the steering suck heavy, it is stiff as hell. I raised the front end up and turned the steering and it was still a bit stiff, I cleaned everything and greased it, checked the tie rods and ball joints, everything looks straight and fine, one of the tie rod ends has a little bit of play on it but I don’t think that it can make that big of difference on the steering, my friend has a 05 predator and his steering is very smooth. When I turn the handelbard its a big effort.

Extra info, I’ve read on the internet that I have to grease my tie rod ends by lifting up the boot and insert grease and then putting the boot back. I am willing to try it and also with the ball joints will this improve the steering a bit? ( for those of you who don’t really know what I am asking for here, I am trying to get my handling to be smooth like power steering, because at the moment it’s more like trying to steer a donkey)

Can anyone help me here please, any advice will help and I will be appreciated. Thank you.

#7 ·
okay people, i am very sorry, i looked at my quad like my ass, last night i was busy with it, and while i was busy with my right front wheel, i felt a weird snappy feeling to the wheel, almost like it was lose, so i looked around the A Arms and saw nothing and when i pulled the wheel to me i felt it again so i looked at the ball joints while pulling the wheel and yes i found the problem... all 4 ball joints have play on them so i need to replace them.

Does anyone know of an online store where i can buy ball joints but a bit cheaper than eBay and that can ship it to South Africa?

#10 ·
yes yes the shipping kills it i would look into maybe purchasing from rmatv.com might save you a little if they charge alot on shipping buy a couple and they will send you a 10% off discount off your next purchase

#12 ·
I just replaced them all because i had wheel wobble issues also changed wheel bearings but i would remove the arm.from the knuckle and see if it has play also check your shock bushings for play

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.