Polaris ATV Forum banner

1000 is in !!!!

35K views 141 replies 30 participants last post by  PaScrambler 
#1 ·
got the call... 1000 is in and being put together. Leaving my house in 5 minutes to go pick up the BEAST :marchmellow::marchmellow::marchmellow:

#38 ·
ok a little info... unfortunately I have not had any time to ride this except at the dealer and around my block the night I picked her up. and now it is snowing here in NY so my ride i'm going to do today will be a blast but wont give us a true power indicator. From my quick rides the other day yes it will pull the front end at take off, but please understand I have only owned race quads and quads like my raptor which is wheelie happy. I did not try to wheelie at speeds but I can say it is super responsive and feels like it pulls hard from and speed. Also i'm not really trying to beat her to soon. I will be out riding later and should be able to answer more questions when I get done. Hopefully with some more pics and i'll try a video as well. I will also say my quick road ride and I came away thinking it handled the road better hanany quad I've ridden. It does not feel like a big 4x4

#37 ·
hope this works

Attachments

#40 ·
no problem.... Anyone want to ride today:)

#44 ·
Geez oh man, dealer told me (per a polaris email) that the shipment was delayed due to extreme weather.....hopefully I get my 1000 next week, even paid in full doesn't speed up delivery....ha ha Suppose It's ok because riding in 2 degree weather without a windshield is not that fun.

#49 ·
The 1k scrammy will flat smoke the canned ham I'm sure of it... Alot of ppl don't believe it buy I beat my buddy's 1k outty on my 2013 850xp all the way through not just on top end. Of course all can an owners will disagree (still hard for my buddy to believe it) hell he went and bought a cv tech primary and stm secondary I still beat him from a dead stop because he can't keep his on the ground, 20 mph roll its real close till we get to 50 or so then I pull away from him... Every where u read its always about how bad the outty will smoke the po po but I've seen it in person

#51 ·
From what I just read, the can ham had him on low end til around 50 mph then the scrambler caught him up. Both were pulling wheelies from dead stop so they went from 15 mph. I would have to see this race because somehow I don't think the can ham guy is giving the full story. Just my 2 cents.

#52 ·
LOL, I read it but he couldn't hold the front end down from dead start. Sounds like a real bottom end turd. High hp machines take practice out of the gate or they will wheelie every time.

#53 ·
There is a huge difference on the clutchs on the canam compared to the polaris my 850xp was much more forgiving from a full throttle punch then my canam my canam hits alot harder off the line which means you have to have proper technique to launch without wheeling it doesnt suprise me that the scrambler is faster top end BRP designed it to run out of legs @79 even with my speedlimiter gone thats all I would get till I messed with the clutch wiegths im sure Polaris has some detune somewere or people would be getting hurt on these monsters for insurance reasons there was a guy at the last drag races I went to had a 1000 Yamaha crotch rocket moter shoe horned into a DS650 you want to talk about nuts..the potential for power is huge I love both company's for pushing each other and would have no problem owning either one

#54 · (Edited)
I personally think that report sounded good, especially for being on a can am forum.....keep in mind the scrammy engine is not even broken in yet, but the gade is. The xp should be nuts when everything is seated in properly.....Interesting that they both can't stop popping up from a dead stop at full throttle. How much more low end grunt do you need?.....I know I know....the answer is always MORE!

Both machines are indeed awesome, never thought we would see these type of monsters.....now-a-day quadzilla's

#56 ·
they couldn't hold them down..lol sounds like we need some better riders. Trust me riding mine on the road I can pull the front end up from a start but I also think I can keep it down and launch without to much of a problem...hmmm I think i'll have to go out today and really give this a good testing...love the snow right now on the trails but I also can't wait to ride in the dirt, so these tests will be done on the street for now

#58 ·
It just doesn't add up. Most of the non cool aid drinking can am guys thought the gade was going down. A buddy of mine on his 850 said he was beat a Rene but the only raced till 40mph and the ran out of room. The can am guys are going to hold on the the speed thing for dear life cause that's the only thing they had on polaris. Oh and that scrammy is still brand new wait until its broken in, then it'll really be obvious who's faster.

#60 ·
There is so much cool aid drinking over there none was left for me.
The big thing that pissed me off was how many came to the defense of the 2012 broken frame issue. Left a really bad taste in my mouth about the CA forum and Can Am in general. All those broken frames should of been replaced instead the fix was a silly looking brace.

#59 ·
I agree with polarispop I'd say the scrambler beat him out of the hole and pulled him harder in mid range and top end.. Like I posted earlier I can beat my buddy's 1000 outty on my 850 I don't have a video but its true so I know the 1k scrambler would have to eat the can am alive. Maybe it's where it's not broke in plus the guy has just got the scrambler so I'm sure he's not used to the bike yet... Something about can am owners seems like no matter what happens they always win! Lol

#61 ·
You get kool aid every were on all kinds of forums I never been a big one for that I like them all...like I said before top speed the Polaris I believe gets it done low I believe the canam does its just how they are set up from the factory I like them both comes down to dealer and cost to me

#62 ·
Sounds like the scrammy can run. Also sounds like I found a replacement for my 2012 brute on the low end:). Being able to lift the front end at will on the trail is huge along with blasting out of corners. Rene is a great machine and I still think the best looking machine out there, but I am all over the scrambler....so much so that I doubt I'm waiting for a 1k sportsman....the brute and elkas are going to the classifieds!

#65 ·
I like both machines I think the snappy throttle response and low end comes from the v twin on the can am vs the inline twin on the po po. The throttle response on can am is definatly better but as far as low end power I think the po po is right there with can am the response of the cam am makes it seem like its got more low end than it really does but that's just what it seems like to me. Can am makes a very nice product just the way most can am owners act about there quad is what gets me, not every can am owner but seems like most of them have the same attitude

#73 ·
I have owned kawasaki Polaris Honda and canam never had a real issue with any of them but I also take good care of my stuff not saying others don't I would own any one again I loved the way my 850 handled and rode to be honest the only machine I would really look at again is polaris and canam I like the completion between the two that's making a better product for us may look into an Ace for the wife this summer

#72 · (Edited)
Ok here's an update...7 hrs on my 1000 and about 75 miles...rode today and it was still missing in the higher rpm's rode to a buddy's house and help him fix his C
at...When I left my quad felt different. ..better response and after it warmed up I let her rip a little and almost all of the missing is gone it pulled to 75 without much problem. ..can't wait till this bad boy is fully broken in...now to launching this quad. Dead start ..if you pre load the clutch with the brakes on you can launch hard front end will come up but if you have skill and some balls can be an awesome drag bike...basically saying bring the sheriff sum canned ham :) and this was done on the pavement...now in just a little bit of messing on the road I can wheelie at 20 mph by stabbing the throttle and trying to wheelie. .was kinda impressed:cowboy:...just wait until she's all broken in

#76 ·
having fun..yeah I guess..lol
Tonight on my way home I did a few staged launches and a few rolling wheelie attempts. .can't say exactly 20 but I would get right there then nail it and give some wheelie effort and she pulled it up...starting to think this might be a good wheelie bike...and by judging from the power increase as it breaks in I think it's going to get better...wish I knew a good rider to ride my modded raptor just to see what happen..but I think I know the results:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.