Polaris ATV Forum banner

1000 is in !!!!

35K views 141 replies 30 participants last post by  PaScrambler 
#1 ·
got the call... 1000 is in and being put together. Leaving my house in 5 minutes to go pick up the BEAST :marchmellow::marchmellow::marchmellow:

#77 ·
Geez I hope not! I think my dealer is getting their 1000's after all the top Tier dealers. They ordered in December and claim the shipment is en route....hope that is true!

Tonight on my way home I did a few staged launches and a few rolling wheelie attempts. .can't say exactly 20 but I would get right there then nail it and give some wheelie effort and she pulled it up...starting to think this might be a good wheelie bike...and by judging from the power increase as it breaks in I think it's going to get better...wish I knew a good rider to ride my modded raptor just to see what happen..but I think I know the results:)
I will certainly have to work on wheelie skills now....sounds like you can raise the front end at will, very helpful at times on the trail.

#80 ·
Haven't modded the air box or filter....will start messing more when she's broken in...will do more mods once the aftermarket starts catching up

#81 ·
seeing the 850s lose about 20hp from the crank to the wheels this thing should be around high 60s for rwhp with the can-am being 63. I will tell you get that thing a stm primary and secondary...... what they did for my 850 was amazing...... I mean AMAZING, now a set on a 1000 with duel higher flowing pipes PCV with timing and little dyno time, I don't see them having a problem making 80rwhp with out to much work, with the new bigger exhust ports on the 1k I think the will be more excepting to bolt on like the Can-am.......100% honest unless your trying to turn 34 inch tires through thick mud I don't think you need any more power, but what guy ever said they wanted less power :p

#82 · (Edited)
Thanks for the advice on the STM, didn't realize it made that big of difference on the 850. Do you have any numbers for us. My Can Am with pipe Muzzy duels and fuel controller dyno, QSC primary was 67rwhp at Dynojet in Vegas. I live just a few hours away and they did it for free when they came out with FC for the 1000 CA. We didn't tune the clutch on the dyno however just the FC. Here was my CA dyno at dynojet

Attachments

#86 ·
I just did primary.

#87 ·
can-am gets little better pull from them, Polaris has a better stock clutch, I don't know how much more real HP I gained but with my 27 xtrs I pull about 6 bike lengths on my dads 850 with stock 489s id say in about 500 to 600 feet, also gained few mph top end, but big different is the pull down low, and the snap at any speed, also better mpg

#93 ·
Finally broke 10 hrs today. Tomorrow she's going to the dealer for 1st service. Works good cause I'm going skiing in killington for a few days...When she gets back I'm putting in the new NGK's then all hells going to break loose:saevilw:

#96 ·
Isn't the press release video enough...lol ok when I get home and ride this weekend I will definitely take some video's

#98 · (Edited)
Those so and so blankety blanks !!! I had a feeling..... Mudder Humpers ! If they had waited much longer you would have had it paid off before it got here. It's been so long I kinda forget about your purchase.

Anyway soon it should be HAMA TIME !!!!

Those ACES are selling like hot cakes. Popo hit a homer with it.

#99 ·
Holy nightmare. That really sucks..but at least you got some things in order. I picked up my from the first service ...going to ride tomorrow. See how she does in a foot of snow we got Wednesday

#100 ·
Taking mine out to the local spillway to try and finish out the last 6hrs of break in tomorrow...that sucks ham, you're taking it a lot better than I would have. I tend to be very impatient in situations like that...

#104 ·
I'm starting to think these 1000's are turds. They must not have any balls. It's either that or those who have them don't know how to ride yet. :undwech:

#106 ·
Can us mere mortals live though you guys that found a way to own a scrammy 1000!! ............... PLEASE!!! ................ A vid or a review is not too much to ask , right? Maybe tell us top speed, mpg etc. Are the stock tires a joke or good?? Anything really!!

Beggers can't be choosers!!:fest06::feedback::postpic:

#109 ·
I've given pictures. Reviews and all around love:)
Yes stock tires are weak 3 ply doesn't cut it
And to the very nice guy who call us bad riding turds
Yea since there is no video we must be poor riders wtf
My town is listed your welcome to come by and get taught a lesson...not with my 1000...I'll ride my wife's wolverine and learn you something....punk:cowboy: sheriff Curb has spoken

#111 ·
Ohh yeah..thanks fly for the video ...ur a big help ol pal...lol

#118 ·
Give fly an inch and he takes...ummmm a mile of clips..lol

Ham...can't believe your still waiting. ..I'm feeling for ya.

Easy...I was never real serious. .I love messing around also:)
My keep sheriff Curb or I could be an
OG scrambler. ..lol

#119 ·
Just messing around too. I'm happy to keep watching this newb! :moa:

#122 ·
My step-dad just bought one! The dealer said it wont be ready before friday afternoon, gotta recieve and install the winch and bigger aftermarket rear rack ( not sure if its PO-PO or not!) With the 3 feet of snow here, this or next friday is no biggie!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.