Polaris ATV Forum banner

1000 snorkel kit

12K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  807VikingMetal 
#1 ·
I'm looking to put a snorkel kit on my 1k and was wondering if anyone had done one yet? The two best company's seem to be triangle and snorkel your atv. I've always built my own in the past but ordering one seems to be less headache. Any input is appreciated.

#4 ·
Oh really?! So it's not like the 850s? Man I would love to see the setup. I'm with you bsutton, full specs and pictures! Haha. My main concern is getting enough air to feed this beast. Kinda curious if they are gonna up the size of the intake tube or if it's even nessacery. With talk of 5-8hp gains by simply removing the air box lid, makes me wonder.

#6 ·
Agreed! Last thing I want to do is hurt the team I like to see on top!

#7 ·
The Snorkel Your ATV kit will not fit the 1000, just had this issue with my dealer they ordered it and the new radiator and rad bracket on the 1000 prevent it from fitting. Triangle swears that there's will fit the 1000 but I won't be able to answer that for a couple more days as it should be in today.

#8 ·
I ended up ordering the triangle kit too. It arrived yesterday. I spoke with them about my airflow concerns and they said that their kit allows more airflow than the factory intake which is a plus. I'll be riding this weekend and won't have a chance to install it but I'm sure I'll have it apart by Monday.

#9 ·
All went well! I highly recomend this kit. They shorted me a couple parts and the two outside snorkels have a small cosmetic gap at the tips but over all I couldn't be happier with it.

#11 · (Edited)

It's filthy but here are a couple.

#14 ·
Does it make it run a little hot faster or does there seem no difference? The snorkel yourself has two air intake pipes and i'm not concerned with radiator bracker being in the way seeing how im going to do a radiator relocate at the same time. So with that being said wouldn't the snorkel yourself be better using two pipes?

#16 ·
3 pipes, big one for airbox and other 2 for cvt in and out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.