Polaris ATV Forum banner

Need to get head and crankshaft fix help

4K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Randomguywhorides 
#1 ·
anyone knows a company that fix heads, the bearing in the camshaft turn inside it and damage the bore or a company that refurbish them with a core turn around or something?

same goes for crankshaft

got water and mud in the engine and damage all bearings and bores

#2 ·
Shoot Ridingagain a message, see if he knows of anyone.

#3 ·
Is it for the 1k scrammy? If so with it being so new you might have better luck getting it rebuilt. Any engine shop can bore and hone the cylinder. The crank bearings have to be pressed out but that's easy, might want to have them check the big end bearings too.

#4 ·
it's all strip to piece, cylinder are good, only 1 connecting rod is damage and crankshaft is slightly scuffed where the bearing sits for the connecting rod,

so I need to get the crankshaft rebuild at that spot where the connecting rod mounts,

then the camshaft ran out of oil and damage the head where it sits, so I need to get the head fix if its due able??? or an exchange for a core?

#5 ·
Everything is fixable, it's if it is cost effective or not compared to replacing the parts. Might take some looking to find a source because it's so new. What caused all this to happen?

Do you have any power sport recyclers in your area, they may be of some assistance.

#6 ·
Used 1000 parts are going to be hard to find for a while. The rod bearings are automotive style. I would take the crank to an auto engine builder and see if they can match up some over sized bearings and get the crank cleaned up. As far as the cylinders go, no oversized pistons out that I know of yet so you are buying a complete crankcase assembly to get new cylinders. Head is going to be a search on ebay maybe for a used one if any exist yet. Has to be a few out there crashed and destroyed being parted out by now.

#9 ·
I sank mine also. Had water, mud, and grass in the engine. It was an insurance claim luckily because it got expensive. I was told that it was cheaper to replace the engine than to rebuild it and some of the parts weren't available anyway because it's so new. A (Kit-Long Block SPM95) was $4,619.99 and with all the gaskets, fluids, and labor it came up to $5,646.55. Thanks to progressive I was only out of pocket $250 for the deductible. They wrote a check no questions asked.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.