Polaris ATV Forum banner

Made the jump

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  ghendo302 
#1 ·
On Monday I traded in my 2014 Sportsman 850 towards a 1000. Needless to say, I wish I had just gotten into this thing in the first place!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
congrats.. I went the other direction and came off of an 850 and stepped down to a 570.. The 570 has been great and that single puts out more power than you'd expect but man sometimes I miss that freight train feeling that the 850 offers.. To the 1000.. I rode my buddies 1k scrambler for a few miles on a 3 day ride in sept.. That thing is a friggin' animal.. Enjoy..

#4 ·
I just did the same thing....with the new integrated winch/plow mounts, I am hoping for the best of both worlds. Pick it up next week with warmers, poly plow, BH tires and new 2015 style Ogio bag.

Had a scrammy 1000 earlier this year, but had to sell due to a huge house move....decided to get back into it after riding a 14' 850 LE for the past 4 months. No complaints at all on that ride, but it's just not a scrammy 1000:) Even rode the sportsman 1000, but something "feels" much different between the two to me.

#5 ·
I also made the jump. I sold my Brute Force 750 then bought a Scrammy 1000. First off let me tell you I loved my brute, I had a bunch of aftermarket parts and it ran like a raped date, when I got my 1000 I was very impressed with the power. It would blow the doors off my Brute, plus the ride is so much smoother. Even though my brute had power steering I still had a lot of bar snap. I just ordered a set of ITP dual beadlocks with grim reaper tires. Those 4 ply stock tires are not cutting it for me. I will post some pics when I get them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.