90cc scrambler carb - Polaris ATV Forum
Polaris Scrambler Discussions for the Polaris Scrambler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-07-2018, 04:00 AM Thread Starter
ATV Enthusiast

90cc scrambler carb

On the scrambler I picked up, the carb is over flowing. Took carb off and disassembled. Filthy inside so float was stuck I suppose. I noticed that the starter plunger has a wire pulled loose also. Is this part available or do I have to order a whole new carb? Source?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-07-2018, 04:09 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Sounds like a sticky fuel needle might need to replace that do you have a picture of the choke wire?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-07-2018, 04:27 AM Thread Starter
ATV Enthusiast

I found a replacement carb on amazon for $21.00. Might be easier than trying to clean and repair this one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180406_172946.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	3.85 MB
ID:	105706  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-07-2018, 04:28 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

90cc scrambler carb

Oh wow I didnít realize it was an electric choke, if the carburetors only $20 thatís the price of the rebuild I would go that route

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-07-2018, 06:33 AM
Banned

Electric chokes were problematic. Chinese carbs are hit and miss.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-08-2018, 11:30 AM Thread Starter
ATV Enthusiast

UPDATE: It runs like a top now but the fuel/air mixture screw needs to be all of the way in to run. Need a different jet? Bigger or smaller?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-09-2018, 09:45 AM
Polaris ATV Legend

You can't get different sized jets for most Chinese carbs including the Polaris 90 carb. You didn't specify which year or model 90 you have, so I looked at parts for an 05 Predator and Sportsman (all the 90's are pretty much the same). Polaris does offer replacement jets, but not different sizes. I then checked 2010 Outlaw - same deal, replacement jet only. Both those models had a manual enrichener. Then I looked at the 2002 model - it had the electric enrichener just like the Eton, Dinli and Arctic Cat 90 of the same year. None of the other suppliers offered different sized jets either.

I have to disagree with aknawful about the electric enrichener being problematic - they are used on Honda's, Yamaha's and every brand of Chinese scooter you can name. I have only seen one total failure and it was on a Honda Metropolitan scooter. I saw one that the rubber seal on the end of the plunger was damaged by carb cleaner sprayed into the passage by a novice mechanic and another that an owner removed the rubber on the plunger and wanted to get a new rubber (which is not possible). I did not know the rubber could even be removed.

These units are always open until the engine starts, then AC voltage from the stator heats a gas cylinder which closes the enrichener valve. If you could repair the broken wire, I'm sure it would work again. The enrichener costs $140 from Arctic Cat, $168 from Polaris and $19 from the Chinese suppliers. Of course you can buy a new carb complete with enrichener for $18 on Ebay or other various Chinese suppliers.

If you look at the VIN on any vehicle, if it starts with "L" it was made in Taiwan - if it starts with an "A", "M" or "R" it was made in China - "1", "4" or "5" made in the U.S. - "J" Japan - "9" Brazil - "S" United Kingdom - "W" Germany - "3" Mexico - "V" Austria - "Z" Sweden or Italy - "K" Korea

Those are all the country of origin codes that I currently know of.

Your Polaris 90 was made in China - every Polaris Sportsman, Predator and Outlaw 90 that I have ever worked on was made in China - don't be afraid to buy a cheap Chinese carb for your Polaris, that's where Polaris buys theirs!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-09-2018, 12:14 PM
Polaris ATV Legend

UPDATE: Polaris and Eton 90's use the same carb - Sunworld H68 - Sunworld reportedly is a Chinese division of Mikuni - the carb can be a electric or manual enrichener same price $109.90 - the pilot jet is a #20 - the main jet is #85 - Eton offers individual main jets in #80 and #90

My Eton supplier offers a rebuild kit for the H68 which includes a float, float pin, pilot jet, main jet, needle jet, slide needle, slide, float needle, float needle seat, idle screw, air/fuel screw, float bowl drain screw and float bowl gasket for $39.99 - they also offer almost all parts separately - a new electric enrichener is listed at 24.99

And the list of similar models includes ADLY, ALPHA SPORTS, BEEMER, AEON, JOG, VENTO, KEEWAY, JI LI in addition to POLARIS, DINLI, ETON and ARCTIC CAT

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris Model Specific Discussions > Polaris Scrambler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in