Is Your Sportsman 570 Still Reliable After 2 Years? - Polaris ATV Forum
Polaris Sportsman 570 Discussions for the all new 2014+ Polaris Sportsman 570

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-22-2018, 07:57 AM Thread Starter

Talking Is Your Sportsman 570 Still Reliable After 2 Years?

Just posted an updated overview of my 570... curious what you guys think, and if everyone else has had reliability problems I haven't encountered? That **dang squeak is still driving me nuts, and I've probably blown the shocks out by now.

Was thinking of grabbing a Can Am 570 do some comparison videos, or ditch the 570 class altogether and jump to Sportsman 1000. I still think this is one of the best bikes for the money though, even if I have to replace a bearing or two. (the guys on the Hondas are still lagging behind, sore from rides the 570 just glides over, etc... I know the Honda will still be running in 20 years, but the Polaris is way more fun!)

Updated video:

Blog post: https://cleverleverage.com/polaris-s...an-570-review/

Edit: how the heck do you embed youtube videos!?! I filmed how the first service videos, repairs, etc... with a high end camera that will help some people out if I can figure out how to share them here

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-22-2018, 10:41 AM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

i didn't watch ur vid yet but the squeak could be shock bushings need to be grease up, i had that issue on my scrambler

2016 Scrambler 1000 xp
GSE single slip on muffler
Direction2 flares

2016 Sportsman 570 non ebs
Direction2 flares
ITP XTR radials
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 11:32 AM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

I got my 14í in December of 13í. Had it now 5 years. Mine has been used for work and hunting. After the recall for heat and a reflash itís been fine. If I had to buy again itíll be a CanAm. I just think theyíre built better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 Sportsman 570 Green EPS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 12:52 PM
Polaris ATV Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcounty View Post
I got my 14í in December of 13í. Had it now 5 years. Mine has been used for work and hunting. After the recall for heat and a reflash itís been fine. If I had to buy again itíll be a CanAm. I just think theyíre built better.

If Iím the first to tell you this Iíd be shocked, but CanAm has their own set of issues that are far more costly to repair than the minor stuff we deal with.
Iíve heard numerous CanAm transmissions blow almost out of the box, let alone after warranty is up.

2015 Polaris Scrambler XP1000
Red Bull Graphics Kit
Spider Graphix - Footwell Dacals
Mud Motorsports Gripper Seat Cover
Rogue Grille - Blk/Blk/Red
Pure Polaris Hand Warmers
Pure Polaris Thumb Warmer
GBC Grim Reaper - 26/9/14 - 26/11/14 on Hiper Sidewinder Beadlocks
All Balls Wheel Bearings FR/RR
ROX Speed FX Foot Pegs
CECCO Frame Braces FR/RR
CECCO Diff Cover
Uni Air Filter
EPI Clutch
Big Gun Exhaust
Moog SSB Upgrade W/ Custom Zerk
Powermadd Sentinel Handguards
Renthal G169 Grips

Gear
Leatt 5.5 V.05 Turbine - Helmet
Oakley Airbrake - Goggles
EVS Sport - Chest/Back Protector
OGIO Dakar - 3L Hydration Pack
Shift Recon - Pants/Jersey/Gloves
Alpinestars MXGP - Jersey
Alpinestars S-MX Air Carbon Mesh - Gloves
Alpinestars Tech 8 - Boots
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-24-2018, 09:34 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

2015 and the only thing I've had to was oil/fluid changes, and occasionally put air in the tires.
Granted I dont have a lot of miles on it
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-24-2018, 12:17 PM

I have a 2016 with1700 km about 80 hours. The trails I ride are always wet and while I dont go looking for mud it is unavoidable here in eastern ontario (clay that ruts and never drains or dries) I broke my 4 wheeler in according to the manual. I put 27 inch zillas on it at 800km for the ground clearance because the local trails I ride are very rutted. I dont abuse the bike but it gets worked with the rough trails. I have had zero issues. I replaced the battery with an agm for winter riding (about half the mileage is in snow) and I replaced the 2 rear wheel bearings as they had very slight play from always being wet (and freeze thaw cycled all winter) cost me about 70 bucks. I bought a bearing packet tool to make sure they were full of grease as I bet they come half full or worse from the factory. I would buy another one. I also have a 2002 400 sportsman I bought used and abused and it runs like a champ after a new stator. The guy I bought it from didn't know the mileage as it stopped working before he got it 5 years ago. It stopped adding at 7500 miles and that's where it's been ever since. I wouldn't be shocked if it had 10000 miles on it and it came with a plow. The mid frame mount had a rough rust on it to suggest the bike had plowed a lot too, so worked hard.
Desertdave likes this.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 09:54 PM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcounty View Post

What I hate is most people posting do not say there millage. 10 years old and 2 or maybe 3 thousand miles. A friend has a 2010 CanAm and has over 14,000 miles. Has gone through several sets of tires a fuel pump and a fan but other than that no engine or transmission problems.
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Justice View Post
Just posted an updated overview of my 570...
In your video, at 1:10, you have the 570 up on its rear end and doing some cleaning.
How did you get it up like that...?
I've owned mine (2014, with only 63 hours) all of about a week now. Found that the previous owner, it seems NEVER cleaned this thing (other than washing the body)...
I've had it on on the standard motorcycle / ATV lift, had the wheels off, cleaned out the brakes, rotors, etc, because it was just caked with a sandy-clay (no, I didn't know what I was doing when I bought it, regrets of a first-time buyer).
Is there anything beneficial to hosing it off the way you did with it on its butt like that...?
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 05:39 AM Thread Starter

@ N7HVN, I picked it up, you just have to be careful and grab way down on the front crossmember.

No advantages to cleaning it like that really, I had just finished the break in and knew I bottomed out on a couple trails... wanted to clean and inspect everything to see if I really needed a skidplate or not for the long term. (it wasn't bad though, couple small dings... ground clearance is generally good as long as the shocks don't squat too much depending on how you ride)

post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Justice View Post
@ N7HVN, I picked it up, you just have to be careful and grab way down on the front crossmember.
You're clearly younger, and stronger than me...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris Model Specific Discussions > Polaris Sportsman 570

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in