Fuel Pump Replacement
Our 2015 570 Touring with about 300 hours showed symptoms of fuel problems last fall when in the mountains but I mistook it for moisture problems after fording a deep creek. Then it started to backfire occasionally. It was shortly after that it got put away for the winter. This spring I could get it started easily, but it would not run for more than a few seconds after the choke opened. It would only run up to around 3000 rpm and labored heavily to get there. Absolutely no way I could get on and ride. Classic fuel starvation. Pumped out the old fuel and filled with new. No difference. Took the 570 apart and tested the fuel pump. It was delivering only about 28 psi of pressure to the motor so replacement was indicated. Ordered a kit from Quantum Fuel Systems in CA and had it in four days. The kit restored proper pressure of 58 psi and it is now running like new. It included a new pump, filter, wires, o-rings, and locking ring seal. No fuel regulator.
Glad to have it running so well again. It has had this declining pressure problem for a while but I never noticed it until it got really poor. It was a good excuse to buy a fuel pressure gauge kit and was also a good exercise in disassembling the plastic body parts. Now I won't fight with them when working on other components!
Saved hundreds of dollars versus taking it in to Polaris for repair. Cost me about 80 bucks including shipping. I also bought a pack of pump filters -- I now know to replace them at least once a year or two, depending on usage. The only trouble was getting the pump assembly locking ring loose. I bought a tool that straddled the ring and worked, but just barely fit so I had to work extremely slowly because it was jammed up against the steering housing. If you need to do this yourself get the lock ring pliers like the guy uses in the youtube video.
The o-ring that the pump motor presses against was mis-shaped and probably the source of the problem, but I replaced the motor anyway since the replacement seemed more robust. I hope these parts remain available for years to come. I did solder the motor to the factory wires even though the kit came with wires pre-soldered and clips for attachment to existing. Just seemed quick and easy to me. Getting the tank lock ring reinstalled was almost as much of a pain as taking it off, and I soon tired of not having those aforementioned pliers.
I wish to express my thanks to those on this site for posting their experiences and advice, along with those that take the time to video their repairs and help the hordes of us that need someone to hold our hand through the process. You folks rock!!!