Polaris ATV Forum banner

2017 stalling

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  bp405 
#1 ·
My 570 started something new today.
It stalled right after I started it. Started it again it san like crap. And stalled again. Next time I kept it running by keeping on the throttle. I noticed the voltage was almost to 17volt on the display.
Weird part is I started it again and it ran fine. Ran it for a little drove it no problems.
Now when I start it is will either run like crap and voltage will be high or it will run fine.
I replaced the voltage regulator last year with a Rmstator. Hard to that would work sometimes on not next based on starting it.
Any suggestions where to start

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Call them up maybe they'll warranty it.

#7 ·
Replaced voltage regulator again, all is good.
Weird is that it was causing it to run really bad an stalling. Other times voltage regulators failed it did not do this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#8 ·
If a diode in the rectifier side of the rec/reg shorts out, it will pass AC into the DC circuit - result is a high voltage reading, a discharging battery and poor performance. And, depending on which or how many diodes short, can provide a direct path from battery positive to ground resulting in a 'key off draw' that can discharge the battery in a few hours. If a diode opens, it usually just results in an under charged battery and over a long enough period of time a dead battery.

#9 ·
Glad to here they made right by you!!! There are some really good retailers out there in our community!!! It's not always about the lowest price but customer service and a good product!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.