Polaris ATV Forum banner

Blowing 20 amp fuses

4K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Tdyke40 
#1 ·
Recently my 2016 Polaris 570 Sportsman has been blowing 20 amp fuses when I try to engage my 4x4. I have checked all the wiring for any chaffing and shorting and found nothing. I can operate the 4 x 4 in Low gear but it's when I shift in High the fuse blows. Any thoughts on this?

#2 ·
Does it blow immediately or does it take a few seconds???

#7 · (Edited)
Multiple warranty repairs, before the factory finally got it right, it was a combination of water getting in the solenoid the first time, intermittent over heating, and bad wiring. They (Polaris Engineering) started a file for me since I was having the same thing over and over. Things have been great now. But you’ll definitely want the shop to check that out. One of the repairs the solenoid literally smoked like it was on fire it got so hot. And that was just idling in the driveway.

#8 ·
Thank you for your help. I just looked at amazon.ca and a new solenoid runs between 14.00 to 84.00 CDN. Because my machine has over 2500km on it I will check that part out with my voltage tester. I am surprised that yours acted up so quickly as it sounds like you have a newer machine.

#9 ·
MInes same as yours 2016, the issue started shortly after Polaris released the Heat shield fix in 2017, which to me caused the heat from going out the side panel further back heating up that solenoid. So since then I’ve not had any further issues and I still have the heat shield installed. I think you’ll be fine with the replacement with luck!!!

#10 ·
Solenoids are always an issue as they get older on account of rust and corrosion. My older 700 is having issues now. It’s gets wet and while running wants to stall.

I’m taking off the solenoid, cleaning it up of its corrosion and using dielectric grease and covering up the connection as best I can so water runs off and doesn’t dry direct on the connection.

I guess you can say general maintenance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.