2014 Sportsman 570 Heat Solutions - Polaris ATV Forum
Polaris Sportsman 570 Discussions for the all new 2014+ Polaris Sportsman 570

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-19-2015, 06:05 AM Thread Starter
Polaris ATV Junkie!

2014 Sportsman 570 Heat Solutions

Ok so here is what I am asking for...I have done my searching and found a few things I was looking for scattered around in different threads here and there. What I would like to do not only for me but for anyone else looking for this more specific info...is allocate images and such into one post.

After a nice long roughly 8 hour day at Xtreme Offroad with a couple of guys from the forums...I was keenly aware of just how hot everything was getting (especially that right hand side!). That being said I have already started to pick up or order what all I am needing to do some personal heat elimination.

Iv'e already got my 2'' exhaust wrap at 50' length, the stainless binding straps for the wrap and also I am doing something I have not seen anyone else do or mention to their exhaust wrap...and that is seal it. Below Is a link to the product I am talking about. This should help keeping debris/moisture out of it and hopefully prevent rusting.

http://www.pepboys.com/product/details/9961322/01487

I have ordered my stick on heat shielding which is supposed to be here today or the next day. I'll link it below.

http://www.pepboys.com/product/details/9961241/01487

I also have some aluminum flat bar, and tubing if I need to make any adjustments to the seat.

Now here's where everyone else comes into play... Post up some pictures of how and where you did your heat treaments on YOUR 570's. Not only will this give me an idea but others who come along as well where to apply heat shielding or to make little tweaks. Anything you can throw up here that is actually related to this issue would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks to everyone in advance!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-19-2015, 06:13 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
I don't have pictures, but I covered the entire right side panel with the stick on, foil type heat shield. One piece will do the job if you take your time and figure out how to make the most out of your cuts. The plastic now gets warm, but not hot at all. Before, it would get too hot to be able to hold your hand on it. No plans for any other heat related mods, as this has solved the problem for mine, as well as my wife's 570's.

2018 Polaris General 1000, Elka Stage 2 Shocks, 29" Tusk Warthogs, Polaris 4,500 lb. winch, Factory UTV Skid Plates, Dux Turn Signal/Horn Kit, EMP Cooter Brown Roof, Ryfab Folding Glass Windshield, Spring Brake Thingy
2015 Sportsman 570 Touring EPS, 26" Kenda Bearclaw HTR's on ITP Delta Steel wheels, Warn XT25, Iron Baltic HDPE Skid Plates (Mine)
2015 Sportsman 570 Touring EPS, 26" Kenda Bearclaw HTR's on ITP Delta Steel wheels, Warn Vantage 3000, Elka Stage 1 Shocks, Warn Mid-Mount Plow (Wife's)

2011 XP 850 EPS (SOLD 3,600 miles), 28" Kenda Bearclaw HTR's on STI HD2 Wheels, Warn XT25, Ricochet Ultimate protection, Elka Stage 1 shocks, QSC clutch kit
2009 Sportsman 500 EFI HO (SOLD 2,600 miles), 26" Maxxis Bighorns, ITP Delta Steel wheels, Polaris 2,500 lb. winch, Cycle Country plow (Wife's)
2007 Sportsman 800 X2 (SOLD 2,500 miles), 26" Maxxis Bighorns, ITP Delta Steel wheels, Polaris 2,500 lb. winch
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-19-2015, 09:30 AM

I had actually ordered my header wrap off of Amazon last week. I went with the Titanium Wrap do to the higher temperature rating. The silicon spray will keep the wrap from drying out and becoming brittle. I also ordered the self adhesive heat shield for the panel. Everything came in today. Will post pics later. Save a lot of money ordering from Amazon compared to local auto parts stores.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-19-2015, 10:15 AM Thread Starter
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Usually I place my orders when they run specials like they are right now. I got 40 percent off my order plus I can pick up in store and return if needed. Plus I get reward points and so also get a lil kick back there. Either way it's all good, but yeah throw up some pictures when you get them.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-20-2015, 02:36 PM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

I wrapped the exhaust with the titanium wrap. Used stick on heat shield on the right panel and on the seat. Also used some of the left over titanium wrap and wrapped it around the frame where the foot on the seat rests and it is held in place with the rear inner factory head shield
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-20-2015, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Has anyone done anything to the gas tank? Such as the stick on heat shielding? Pictures? I'd like to get some images up. I don't know about the rest of y'all but I'm a much more visually inclined person.

On the exhaust wrapping...is anyone taking it off to do the wrap? I'm really thinking that I will. Especially if I want to get a good coat of the silicone coating on it.

Thanks again!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-20-2015, 06:53 PM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobx2 View Post
I don't have pictures, but I covered the entire right side panel with the stick on, foil type heat shield. One piece will do the job if you take your time and figure out how to make the most out of your cuts. The plastic now gets warm, but not hot at all. Before, it would get too hot to be able to hold your hand on it. No plans for any other heat related mods, as this has solved the problem for mine, as well as my wife's 570's.
I did this as well, same result bobx2. The foil type adhesive shield was my first remediation. If that didn't work, sending the pipe out for coating was next. I applied DEI 24" x 24" Reflect-A-Cool I got at the auto parts store. Non-issue now. Wrapping the exhaust was not necessary after that. Good luck!

2015 Polaris Sportsman 570 EFI Sage Green
Ricochet front/Polaris rear A-arm guards
Polaris 3500lb HD winch
Polaris front/rear rack extenders
KFI winch stopper
Overfender Mud Flares
ATV Guru Brushguard
ITP 27" Mega Mayhem 9x14 frt, 11x14 rear
ITP SS112 14" 6" (4+2 offset) frt, 8" (5+3 offset rear)
ASA-17-01 RH Side Panel Close Off Kit Service Advisory (it works!)
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-20-2015, 08:06 PM

I just did this to my wife's 570 last week. She had a lot of heat problems last year - boiling fuel, right side panel really hot, etc.
I started by removing the fuel tank, cleaned the bottom and rear side with paint thinner, then applied Moose thermal tape (available in 18x18" sheets), and one sheet was plenty to cover any part of the fuel tank the exhaust or engine could 'see'. I completely removed the header pipe (easy to do with the side panels off and without disturbing the muffler). I wrapped the pipe with Accel 1" header wrap, and 50' was just enough to wrap everything. All of the factory shields went back on, as well.
Riding this past weekend, the fuel never boiled, and the side panel is just barely warm. I relocated her rad, as well, because it was packed with mud when I looked at it, not because I thought it would help with the heat situation.

I've also ordered an RJWC slip-on and Dobeck controller, but the wrap and heat tape have made a world of difference so far
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 06:08 AM
ATV Enthusiast

i iused the furnace tape for pipe joints from Home Depot on the heat shields at the top near the seat and its self stick seems to help with the burning plastic issue and was like $ 8.00 a big roll
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 01:20 PM

Garage
2019 570 SP cooler intake

i cut out a big U in front of the steering shaft and drilled a bunch of 3/8 holes as in the pic. this dumps a lot of hot air out keeping the gas tank
much cooler. the plastic just in front of the seat is where the engine air intake is located and that is now cool when i,m rideing. before this mod
it was hot to touch. the cool air to the engine air intake gives u more power and better fuel economy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	570 SP (6).JPG
Views:	14
Size:	2.19 MB
ID:	119563  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris Model Specific Discussions > Polaris Sportsman 570

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode