Kolpin KXP Gun Boot on Sportsman 570 - Page 2 - Polaris ATV Forum
Polaris Sportsman 570 Discussions for the all new 2014+ Polaris Sportsman 570

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-30-2015, 05:10 PM

I just bought this same set up. I loved the simplicity of it and after I saw this post I was sold. You can give yourself a little more leg room. The actual loop has a single bolt point, so I just rotated the loop so that the muzzle end of the boot pointed a little further away. It's not much but it helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 06:22 AM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

I put mine to the test opening rifle weekend for deer hunting, and have found that the these rubber plungers absolutely DO NOT like any type of moisture or slick liquid (tire shine) whatsoever. Opening morning I'm going to my hunting spot, it's drizzling rain, and next thing I know I look over and watch the whole assembly and gun boot topple off the side of my bike and into the mud. Needless to say I was pissed and started mumbling profanities, re-attached it, went a little further, and it happened again. By that point I was ready to throw it 1,000 yards because I was so mad. Sun came out and the rack dried out and the plungers hold just fine. So for all you wanting to buy this make sure your rack is clean and dry before you attach it.

12' 400
14" Buckshots
28" Radial OL's
2" HL
HL Springs
Turner Eagles
Warn Pro-Vantage 3500k
MB Quart Polaris pod mount. http://mbquart.com/bluetooth-speakers/qub-polaris
Custom QSC clutching and dyno tune by 3P Performance, Cypress, TX http://www.3poffroad.com/
https://www.facebook.com/3POFFROAD.PITPROVENPERFORMANCE
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 09:57 AM Thread Starter
ATV Enthusiast

Good to know STX! Haven't messed with it in the rain. I did raise the pitch where the muzzle end is almost touching the rear fender plastic (to give me more leg room). While this does improve me bumping it when I'm getting on and off the strain on the plunger connections has the case swinging a little left to right (not to bother me) but I just want to make sure it stays on!

I love using the bun boot and liner to tote the gun in the bed of the truck, does so well for this. I'm all in bracket and boot for like $95 with some sales earlier this year so I'm happy with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 10:21 AM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Yea, it was frustrating at first, and I learned the hard way, but it works great now, I think if you have it attached before a rain storm came along, I doubt the water would be able to seep down between the plastic and plungers and cause them to slip. I'm just mad my mount got all beat up falling into the mud and gravel. Yea that gun boot is one tough SOB, imagine if Kolpin and Pelican collaborated, and then us hunters would have the ultimate combo.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-02-2018, 06:06 PM

lock and ride

Take a 1" plumbing wire cleaning brush and take off the sheen inside the holes before inserting rubber! Does the trick!!!
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 08:31 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudge View Post
As mentioned, the angle of the gun boot does look adjustable. This has got to be better than Polaris', man that was a waste of $120 for me. I took it out on it's second hunt last week going after caribou and moose, while it did not fall off this time, it kept getting loose no matter how much you tighten the screw on the end of the plunger. It stays in place as long as temps are above 50 degrees, but drop and the rubber shrinks and rattles like crazy.
Yeah man! Mine starts out nice and secure, but after a couple minutes it starts getting loose and I am worried that it will fall right off one of these times. I've tried to tighten those locknRide thingys but nothing seems to be much help.

I'll give it another shot this season with the tips from the thread here, hopefully that helps!

2017 Sportsman 570 SP Hunter Edition
Pursuit Camo

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris Model Specific Discussions > Polaris Sportsman 570

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode