2017 Sportsman 1000 top speed with RVS tune or others. .. - Page 2 - Polaris ATV Forum
Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 Discuss the Sportsman XP 1000 and Sportsman Touring XP 1000 here.

10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 04:35 PM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Do you know what would happen if you had a tire blow at eighty MPH.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 06:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobx2 View Post
Increased toe out will make the atv less twitchy at speed. Toe in makes them very twitchy. Not looking to start an argument, I just don't want someone to make the wrong adjustment and end up getting hurt because of it.
I will also add that I can see no reason on earth to run these machines anywhere near 80+ mph. You must be young, single guys...
I'm 35. No kids but basically married for the last 10 years... Always been a speed demon & I'm sure always will be... If I didn't want to haul ass I wouldn't have spent the money I did on a new 1000... Used to have a Banshee that was built up with larger front sprocket that I was clocked at 105mph on... Hoping to get the 1000 at least over 90, hopefully 95ish with clutching as well... We'll see...
chronix79 and MNDS like this.

2017 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000. 3500lb KFI Stealth synthetic cable winch
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 10:30 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncman View Post
Quote:
Increased toe out will make the atv less twitchy at speed. Toe in makes them very twitchy. Not looking to start an argument, I just don't want someone to make the wrong adjustment and end up getting hurt because of it.
I will also add that I can see no reason on earth to run these machines anywhere near 80+ mph. You must be young, single guys...
I'm 35. No kids but basically married for the last 10 years... Always been a speed demon & I'm sure always will be... If I didn't want to haul ass I wouldn't have spent the money I did on a new 1000... Used to have a Banshee that was built up with larger front sprocket that I was clocked at 105mph on... Hoping to get the 1000 at least over 90, hopefully 95ish with clutching as well... We'll see...
I had the QSC clutch kit in my bike, I seen a drop in top speed with this set up.
I suspect the secondary spring rate is too high, making the top end shift out struggle.
I ran out of testing time, but do plan on trying the QSC again with some changes.
For now I have the stock clutching in the bike.

I think you will get where you want to be with the tune, exhaust and intake. Let us know how it works out for you.

And for the internet safety patrols out there, I never go fast when Iím giving my grand kids rides!
Broncman likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 04:41 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNDS View Post
And for the internet safety patrols out there, I never go fast when Iím giving my grand kids rides!
That's pretty funny. However, it's referred to as "natural selection" where I come from.

2018 Polaris General 1000, Elka Stage 2 Shocks, 29" Tusk Warthogs, Polaris 4,500 lb. winch, Factory UTV Skid Plates, Dux Turn Signal/Horn Kit, EMP Cooter Brown Roof, Ryfab Folding Glass Windshield, Spring Brake Thingy
2015 Sportsman 570 Touring EPS, 26" Kenda Bearclaw HTR's on ITP Delta Steel wheels, Warn XT25, Iron Baltic HDPE Skid Plates (Mine)
2015 Sportsman 570 Touring EPS, 26" Kenda Bearclaw HTR's on ITP Delta Steel wheels, Warn Vantage 3000, Elka Stage 1 Shocks, Warn Mid-Mount Plow (Wife's)

2011 XP 850 EPS (SOLD 3,600 miles), 28" Kenda Bearclaw HTR's on STI HD2 Wheels, Warn XT25, Ricochet Ultimate protection, Elka Stage 1 shocks, QSC clutch kit
2009 Sportsman 500 EFI HO (SOLD 2,600 miles), 26" Maxxis Bighorns, ITP Delta Steel wheels, Polaris 2,500 lb. winch, Cycle Country plow (Wife's)
2007 Sportsman 800 X2 (SOLD 2,500 miles), 26" Maxxis Bighorns, ITP Delta Steel wheels, Polaris 2,500 lb. winch
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 06:00 AM
Polaris ATV Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNDS View Post
And for the internet safety patrols out there, I never go fast when I’m giving my grand kids rides!
That's pretty funny. However, it's referred to as "natural selection" where I come from.
People go fast everyday and don't die, meanwhile, dips**t Billy is sitting in his recliner eating Cheetos speeding towards a massive heart failure. S**t, sitting in an office chair for 8hrs a day greatly increases the risk of a heart attack.

There are dangers in everything one chooses to do. You encounter more dangers on the trip to the riding spot than you would doing 80 on an ATV that is setup to do it properly.

2014 Scrambler 1000 xp
  • R2C Filter
  • NGK Spark Plugs
  • Cecco Front & Rear A-Arm braces
  • Cecco Pinion Cover
  • 26" Bear Claw HTRs
  • Garage Products Bushings
  • Flexx Bars
  • 2" Rox Risers
  • Elka Stage 4 Shocks
  • Sirius Pro 10" Light bar
  • American Star 12mm Tie Rods

Last edited by bobx2; 09-30-2017 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Last time I'm cleaning this up.
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 06:12 AM
ATV Enthusiast

May I ask what you are going to do for the intake? I am debating the stage 3 with aftermarket exhaust (I went w RWJC duals) and aftermarket intake, but I do not like the options currently available. After speaking w the guys at RVS, it seems people that do not snorkel their bike do a crude method of cutting another hole in the intake..

Is there no one who makes an actual properly designed intake? I don't have any interest in snorkels and ripping a hole in the stock intake sounds too redneck for me. At this time, I am likely to do the the stage two with aftermarket exhaust and stock intake unless I can find a better method for the intake. Any help here would be greatly appreciated and likely something OP would need to consider as well.
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 06:22 PM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBoy View Post
May I ask what you are going to do for the intake? I am debating the stage 3 with aftermarket exhaust (I went w RWJC duals) and aftermarket intake, but I do not like the options currently available. After speaking w the guys at RVS, it seems people that do not snorkel their bike do a crude method of cutting another hole in the intake..

Is there no one who makes an actual properly designed intake? I don't have any interest in snorkels and ripping a hole in the stock intake sounds too redneck for me. At this time, I am likely to do the the stage two with aftermarket exhaust and stock intake unless I can find a better method for the intake. Any help here would be greatly appreciated and likely something OP would need to consider as well.
if you do not want a snorkel, just make the intake "vents" bigger.

check the picture. make the vents under the cover into 2 x 1.5" holes.
now you have increased air intake.
mix with performance exhaust and shake well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	185
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	89058  
Broncman likes this.

======================
2015 Sportsman XP 1000 PPCamo
3x 100W HID light kits - Wireless Winch
RAM Camera Mount from gpscity.ca
Tigertail from FortNine.ca
2 inch lift - 4 inch spacer kit - Fender Flares
Heated Seat kit & Camo seat skin
Heated Hand & Thumb Kit - 12" Cree light bar
Cecco Frame Braces - AMSOIL Front Drive Fluid
Dalton Clutch kit - Triangle ATV Stealth Snorkel
29" Traxion ICE Gripper MAX Studded Tires
======================
In progress ... reverse lights, turn signals and horn
Wish list.... HMF exhaust / re-flash
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-30-2017, 04:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by trusselo View Post
Quote:

if you do not want a snorkel, just make the intake "vents" bigger.

check the picture. make the vents under the cover into 2 x 1.5" holes.
now you have increased air intake.
mix with performance exhaust and shake well.
Good info!
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-30-2017, 04:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivermax View Post
Do you know what would happen if you had a tire blow at eighty MPH.
Probably the same at 40 mph.
Broncman likes this.
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-30-2017, 05:43 AM
Polaris ATV Legend

Quote:

They also have this universal plate. I was thinking about getting one and making a ram air style intake with some frogzskin material over the intakes to keep water out when splashing through puddles.

Broncman likes this.

2014 Scrambler 1000 xp
  • R2C Filter
  • NGK Spark Plugs
  • Cecco Front & Rear A-Arm braces
  • Cecco Pinion Cover
  • 26" Bear Claw HTRs
  • Garage Products Bushings
  • Flexx Bars
  • 2" Rox Risers
  • Elka Stage 4 Shocks
  • Sirius Pro 10" Light bar
  • American Star 12mm Tie Rods

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris Model Specific Discussions > Polaris Sportsman XP 1000

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode