Newbie ...love the xp , some help? - Page 7 - Polaris ATV Forum
Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 Discuss the Sportsman XP 1000 and Sportsman Touring XP 1000 here.

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 72 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 05:04 AM
Polaris ATV Legend

The Yami is the best big bore single out there in my experience. As for work power is important but I'm sure in low the Yami would do just fine. I was actually out with a group for a New Year's ride and it was a Yami group. They are very nimble machines and a lot lighter then the Polaris. The best way I can describe the two machines is the Yami is like a 280Z and the Polaris is like a big block Camaro. You can dictate your body movment on the Yami (body English) the Polaris not so much (your thumb is it). Twins, Power, and 'Merica are on the top of my list so Polaris it is. But if those weren't Yami would be. I will say aside from Polaris Yamaha is a very comfortable wheeler to ride.

2011 Sportsman® 800 EFI
GURU front brush guard
GURU rear brush guard
Polaris front lock n ride cargo box
Polaris rear rack extender
Warn RT 3.0 winch w/amsteel synthetic line
Viper aluminum haus fairlead
Polaris front spring adjusters
Ricochet a-arm guards
Ricochet full frame skid plate
ITP T-7 beadlock 14" w/OMF inner rim guards
Maxxis big horn 2.0 26x9 front
Maxxis big horn 2.0 26x11 rear
QSC clutch kit
EPI HD springs front n rear
ODI rogue 130mm grips
Ultraseal commercial grade tire sealant (front)
Highlifter tire sealant (rear)
CTEK 3300 battery maintainer
added 7 zerks
beefed up wiring harness
OGIO rear bag
ROTOPAX 1gal. + 2gal. gasoline can
Jccapri bushing kit
Kolpin Over Fenders
Rigid Industries E-Series 10" flood
Walker Evans struts
NGK Iridium's (2,500 miles on Champion's and they looked great!)
Odyssey Extreme battery PC545

2018 Sportsman® 570-T
2019 Aluma® A8818
2020 Outlander® 1000R XXC (on order, ETA mid-Sept)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 72 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 07:05 AM Thread Starter

I've seen so many videos of yamis and Honda's ect..with big tires in the mud they are SOOOO underpowered... The 850/1000 Polaris .. and bassicly anything "canned ham" just tears it up .. obvious power advantage
post #63 of 72 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 12:13 PM
ATV Enthusiast

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp405 View Post
The Yami is the best big bore single out there in my experience. As for work power is important but I'm sure in low the Yami would do just fine. I was actually out with a group for a New Year's ride and it was a Yami group. They are very nimble machines and a lot lighter then the Polaris. The best way I can describe the two machines is the Yami is like a 280Z and the Polaris is like a big block Camaro. You can dictate your body movment on the Yami (body English) the Polaris not so much (your thumb is it). Twins, Power, and 'Merica are on the top of my list so Polaris it is. But if those weren't Yami would be. I will say aside from Polaris Yamaha is a very comfortable wheeler to ride.
Sorry, I'm going to have to disagree here. Having owned Kawasaki, Honda and now Polaris, this PO1000 is easily the most powerful and agile machine I've ever owned, to include the new Kawi BF 750i I bought late last year. I can literally drift this XP1000 around some of the gnarliest obstacles whereas my prior machines would require a 3 point maneuver!
autosport7 likes this.

Hello, my name is: Jim

2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (HO/EPS/BIONIC Edition)
-Elka Shocks
-Vipr Tires
-Polaris Winch w/Syn
-Street Legal
2016 Kawasaki BruteForce 750i (HO/EPS/BIONIC Edition)
-Elka Shocks
-Full Skid Plates
-Winch w/syn rope
2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 (HO/EPS/BIONIC Edition)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 72 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 01:59 PM
ATV Enthusiast

All I can say is you have to drive on and experience the power and handling, I’m not a racer and I didn’t buy my copper head to jack up and make it a big toy .i work in the woods and like my backroad less travelled country and after a long day I feel great instead of beat up . Polaris forever!
BruteForce likes this.
post #65 of 72 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 03:36 PM
Polaris ATV Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruteForce View Post
Quote:
Sorry, I'm going to have to disagree here. Having owned Kawasaki, Honda and now Polaris, this PO1000 is easily the most powerful and agile machine I've ever owned, to include the new Kawi BF 750i I bought late last year. I can literally drift this XP1000 around some of the gnarliest obstacles whereas my prior machines would require a 3 point maneuver!
I’d have to agree here.
I’ve seen riders capable of keeping up, but their bikes limit them.
There are bikes out there that suit riders needs, but when it comes to setting record times, Polaris and Can Am are leeps and bounds above the rest.
Power, nimble-ness and rideability are just superior, as far as sport utilities that is.

2015 Polaris Scrambler XP1000
Red Bull Graphics Kit
Spider Graphix - Footwell Dacals
Mud Motorsports Gripper Seat Cover
Rogue Grille - Blk/Blk/Red
Pure Polaris Hand Warmers
Pure Polaris Thumb Warmer
GBC Grim Reaper - 26/9/14 - 26/11/14 on Hiper Sidewinder Beadlocks
All Balls Wheel Bearings FR/RR
ROX Speed FX Foot Pegs
CECCO Frame Braces FR/RR
CECCO Diff Cover
Uni Air Filter
EPI Clutch
Big Gun Exhaust
Moog SSB Upgrade W/ Custom Zerk
Powermadd Sentinel Handguards
Renthal G169 Grips

Gear
Leatt 5.5 V.05 Turbine - Helmet
Oakley Airbrake - Goggles
EVS Sport - Chest/Back Protector
OGIO Dakar - 3L Hydration Pack
Shift Recon - Pants/Jersey/Gloves
Alpinestars MXGP - Jersey
Alpinestars S-MX Air Carbon Mesh - Gloves
Alpinestars Tech 8 - Boots
post #66 of 72 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 02:20 AM Thread Starter

Anyone got ant gripes about a can am outlander ? As to a sportsman ? I'm honestly looking at both and they are similar ... But I'll have to give the nod to Polaris for power, styling and erginomics but I think can am has taken the win in build quality
post #67 of 72 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 02:56 AM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamadoo View Post
Anyone got ant gripes about a can am outlander ? As to a sportsman ? I'm honestly looking at both and they are similar ... But I'll have to give the nod to Polaris for power, styling and erginomics but I think can am has taken the win in build quality
The Can Ham 1000's have a issue with blown rear diffs.
I see it often on Youtube atv channels.

2016 Scrambler 1000 xp
GSE single slip on muffler
Direction2 flares

2016 Sportsman 570 non ebs
Direction2 flares
ITP XTR radials
post #68 of 72 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 04:16 AM
Polaris ATV Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by autosport7 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I’d have to agree here.
I’ve seen riders capable of keeping up, but their bikes limit them.
There are bikes out there that suit riders needs, but when it comes to setting record times, Polaris and Can Am are leeps and bounds above the rest.
Power, nimble-ness and rideability are just superior, as far as sport utilities that is.
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah you two definitely either read into that to much or didn't read enough of it !!!!

2011 Sportsman® 800 EFI
GURU front brush guard
GURU rear brush guard
Polaris front lock n ride cargo box
Polaris rear rack extender
Warn RT 3.0 winch w/amsteel synthetic line
Viper aluminum haus fairlead
Polaris front spring adjusters
Ricochet a-arm guards
Ricochet full frame skid plate
ITP T-7 beadlock 14" w/OMF inner rim guards
Maxxis big horn 2.0 26x9 front
Maxxis big horn 2.0 26x11 rear
QSC clutch kit
EPI HD springs front n rear
ODI rogue 130mm grips
Ultraseal commercial grade tire sealant (front)
Highlifter tire sealant (rear)
CTEK 3300 battery maintainer
added 7 zerks
beefed up wiring harness
OGIO rear bag
ROTOPAX 1gal. + 2gal. gasoline can
Jccapri bushing kit
Kolpin Over Fenders
Rigid Industries E-Series 10" flood
Walker Evans struts
NGK Iridium's (2,500 miles on Champion's and they looked great!)
Odyssey Extreme battery PC545

2018 Sportsman® 570-T
2019 Aluma® A8818
2020 Outlander® 1000R XXC (on order, ETA mid-Sept)
post #69 of 72 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 09:00 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamadoo View Post
Both great machine, you should test drive them before taking a decision... and well here its a polaris forum so people will bash can am all the time yet they both have strength and weaknesses.

I did that before buying my 570 and 1000 and both time the polaris was on top in my book

2018 Sportsman 1000 Havasu Red Pearl
2014 Sportsman 570 Indy Red (sold)
post #70 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 10:43 AM

I’ve got a xp 1000 I’ll sell you once it gets out of the shop with a rebuilt transmission. Lighting upgrades, added Bluetooth stereo and extended warranty. Think I’ll go with a bicycle. More reliable. $10k and you can take it to the house.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E0B1CB72-D045-4C51-B1E7-9D2143B2FD97_1551382948505.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	888.3 KB
ID:	116201   Click image for larger version

Name:	4D813ECD-CAEF-4645-8A0C-750F1D0F6954_1551382978011.jpeg
Views:	25
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	116203  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris Model Specific Discussions > Polaris Sportsman XP 1000

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode