Rjwc exhaust - Polaris ATV Forum
Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 Discuss the Sportsman XP 1000 and Sportsman Touring XP 1000 here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 08:57 AM Thread Starter
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Rjwc exhaust

Bought a set of used duals for a great price that i couldnt pass up even though i said 2 years ago that i was leaving bike stock
anyone that has installed these do you have to remove the rear plastics to install the left tailpipe ?
Im hoping the seller is sending me the paper work for the install of their fuel controller as well
he did say their was hardley any noticable performance gains due to the fact the oem exhaust flows so much better in 2017 vs 2016
he did says it sounds amazing even with the quite cores installed

2017 Xp 1000 Sportsman LE Matte Cooper
2008 843cc Yamaha Grizzly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 05:16 AM
ATV Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkeggenhoff View Post
Bought a set of used duals for a great price that i couldnt pass up even though i said 2 years ago that i was leaving bike stock
anyone that has installed these do you have to remove the rear plastics to install the left tailpipe ?
Im hoping the seller is sending me the paper work for the install of their fuel controller as well
he did say their was hardley any noticable performance gains due to the fact the oem exhaust flows so much better in 2017 vs 2016
he did says it sounds amazing even with the quite cores installed
I installed the duals on my 2018. Did not have to remove plastics. Be sure you wrap the cvt air duct that passes over the left hand pipe with some heat shielding wrap. If you have a rear bumper you may want to add the turn down pipe ends, which I did. Otherwise the exhaust pipe end sits right at the rear bumper. PM me if you need install directions or help with using the fuel tuner. I have the fuel tuner for sale if you did not buy one. Used it for a short time and then went with the RVS Stage 2 tune. You will love the way your machine sounds and runs!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 05:47 AM Thread Starter
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Thanks for the info. I received exhaust yesterday, looks good. Got the tuner with it as well. Not sure when they designed the duals why the 2nd tailpipe branches off more like a "T" than a "Y". Does not look very free flowing. Looks well made though
Next buy will be the RVS clutch kit then maybe his reflash to get rid of speed limiter and rpm limiter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 05:54 AM
ATV Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkeggenhoff View Post
Thanks for the info. I received exhaust yesterday, looks good. Got the tuner with it as well. Not sure when they designed the duals why the 2nd tailpipe branches off more like a "T" than a "Y". Does not look very free flowing. Looks well made though
Next buy will be the RVS clutch kit then maybe his reflash to get rid of speed limiter and rpm limiter
I thought the same thing about the left hand pipe and muffler. But was amazed at the flow and volume of air when running. Put your hand in front of both pipes when idling and you will see they feel the same. Don't forget to wrap the CVT air pipe with heat tape. Enjoy!

Oh, the other thing you will see is that if you ever have to get into the clutch the left hand pipe needs to come off because it blocks the CVT cover. Not a big deal, just something to keep in mind.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

ok thanks for the info guys. Bring home this weekend and will install next week

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris Model Specific Discussions > Polaris Sportsman XP 1000

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode