Couldn't help myself! - Polaris ATV Forum
Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 Discuss the Sportsman XP 1000 and Sportsman Touring XP 1000 here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-04-2014, 07:56 AM Thread Starter
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Couldn't help myself!

Well went to my dealer yesterday and rode a sporty 1000 and I couldn't help myself, so I bought one. They gave me a good trade in on my 14 850 so what the hell. Can't wait to pick it up. I could have took the one on the floor but I wanted one out of the create so I hope they call me today.
Indy how are your tires holding up? Thought about ordering some bighorns but I remember you saying that the factory tires were holding up pretty well.

2015 polaris sportsman 1000, fender flares, front and rear Polaris bumpers powder coated red, lock and ride front box and ogio rear, hand warmers and thumb warmer, winch, mid-smoke windshield, QSC clutch kit, and plow mount, and polaris tracks.
2013 Polaris 850xp (blue fire)
26" Bighorns, fender flares, front cargo box, QSC clutch kit, Polaris 2500 winch with remote, synthic rope and aluminum fairlead, Polaris windshield , heated grips and thumb warmer, NGK plugs, powder coated front and rear Polaris bumpers, kolpin lock and ride gun boot, Polaris tracks for winter time in MT.
2016 Ski Doo 800 etec T3 154"
2016 Polaris 170 Razor
been riding since I was 8 and been through over 30 machines I'm now 35 and loving life more then ever!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-04-2014, 09:25 PM
Fly
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Congrats ! You're a lucky Cub. I'm sure you'll love it.

08 POLARIS OUTLAW 525 IRS
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-05-2014, 03:51 AM
ATV Enthusiast

i put bighorns on mine right after unloading at my house, wife runs stocks on here 850, the horns look much cooler and seem to have a little more bit in the muddy type trails, we dont mud with them but always have some muddy trails, feels more nimble (for a huge quad) with the stock tires
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-05-2014, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Yea, Im running bighorns on my 13 850 and love them. Had Blackdiamond XTR's on my 14 and really didn't care for them. I will ride it and see what I think since it's going in to winter I will probably run my tracks on it anyways so I'll just wait till spring and maybe upgrade then.

2015 polaris sportsman 1000, fender flares, front and rear Polaris bumpers powder coated red, lock and ride front box and ogio rear, hand warmers and thumb warmer, winch, mid-smoke windshield, QSC clutch kit, and plow mount, and polaris tracks.
2013 Polaris 850xp (blue fire)
26" Bighorns, fender flares, front cargo box, QSC clutch kit, Polaris 2500 winch with remote, synthic rope and aluminum fairlead, Polaris windshield , heated grips and thumb warmer, NGK plugs, powder coated front and rear Polaris bumpers, kolpin lock and ride gun boot, Polaris tracks for winter time in MT.
2016 Ski Doo 800 etec T3 154"
2016 Polaris 170 Razor
been riding since I was 8 and been through over 30 machines I'm now 35 and loving life more then ever!!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-06-2014, 07:06 AM

ive got the radial mud lites coming for mine although the stock tires are very good i find , and think i will leave em on for winter,

sportsman xp 1000
argo avenger 750
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-10-2014, 04:53 PM

I've only got a couple hundred miles on my tires, as of right now I like them. I've had them in mud, sand, roads and hard pack trails. I've had no problems getting around at all. I don't see any reason to change them until they wear out.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-10-2014, 05:18 PM
Polaris ATV Legend

Congrats Cubby on the 1000 you will love it especially when you start getting some miles on it
the Tires are wearing good, but with all that power they like to spin, it will spin violently if you let it

INDY LIKES PICS
2015 1000 Sportsman
2005 500 Sportsman
Yamaha 225 3 wheeler, the boys still love it
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-10-2014, 05:41 PM
Polaris ATV Legend

congrats on the new ride! I would ditch the tires sooner rather than later. I had 2 holes in my PXT's within 75 miles. Very, very thin sidewalls if you have any rocks on the trails. That being said, I pinch flatted a Bighorn too (plug still holding after another 200 hard miles though). The 14 inch wheels suck for rocky trails...I used to run 4lbs in my terracrosses on the Brute...never had an issue in 1600 miles at Hatfield...the 14 inch wheels on the Polaris call for at least 7, if not 8lbs imo (I had 6.5 when I pinch flatted my BH)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris Model Specific Discussions > Polaris Sportsman XP 1000

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode