Polaris ATV Forum banner

Sportsman 850 sp 2016

2K views 15 replies 4 participants last post by  T13FERGUSON 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I want your guys opinion, in buying an 850 sp 2016 model tomorrow and what's your guys thoughts on it's top speed and it's power? How well does it ride? Anything I should look out for?

#7 ·
I have a '15 850 and vouch for the QSC clutch kits. Vast improvement on the engagement and smoothness of the clutch. I also put the from pinion cover on and the frame braces from Cecco. I'm not a "hard rider" just wanted the peace of mind.

#8 ·
Hey I have a 2016 850SP. Great machine, top speed around 74 ish might go faster but that's where mine tops out at. Watch out for melting plastic in the right footwell where the plastic cover over the headed pipe is. The plastic on mine melted because it was literally touching the header pipe.. the dealer fixed it of course and I haven't had any more issues with heat or melting plastic. The 850 is a beast! I have only gotten it stuck once. Only regret was that I didn't go with the 1k!

#9 ·
Hey guys, I want your guys opinion, in buying an 850 sp 2016 model tomorrow and what's your guys thoughts on it's top speed and it's power? How well does it ride? Anything I should look out for?
Hey I have a 2016 850SP. Great machine, top speed around 74 ish might go faster but that's where mine tops out at. Watch out for melting plastic in the right footwell where the plastic cover over the headed pipe is. The plastic on mine melted because it was literally touching the header pipe.. the dealer fixed it of course and I haven't had any more issues with heat or melting plastic. The 850 is a beast! I have only gotten it stuck once. Only regret was that I didn't go with the 1k!

I just picked mine up yesterday and I love it. Great machine. Sounds amazing. Rides great. And thanks for the heads up on the plastic. I'll watch for it

#10 ·

I just picked mine up yesterday and I love it. Great machine. Sounds amazing. Rides great. And thanks for the heads up on the plastic. I'll watch for it
I had about 5 hours on mine when I noticed the plastic caught on fire.. after riding it for a bit see how hot that plastic is getting

#12 ·
Roadie1992;971473 Hey I have a 2016 850SP. Great machine said:
I had about 5 hours on mine when I noticed the plastic caught on fire.. after riding it for a bit see how hot that plastic is getting[/QUOTE]

Yeah this morning I noticed it was somewhat melting. Not too bad but noticeable where it had dripped a little and hardened. But it wasn't like it was a continuous melting. Maybe where it is so close to the exhaust it just hits here and there but I don't know. It melted through the heat shield on it in just one small spot so I layered it with heat reflective tape that's supposed to be pretty good so I hope it solves it since I live a good ways away from the dealer. Any thoughts?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.