Polaris ATV Forum banner

Need connector identification

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  rdpowell 
#1 ·
Due to old age and arthritis I find it hard to get down and connect a battery charger to my 2015 Sportsman ETX EFI. When I take the seat off there is a red boot that looks like a sparkplug boot just under the seat at the left front. I thought perhaps it was a connection I could connect my charger to that would ease charging the thing. When I pulled the cap off it slid off leaving a grey L-shaped connector and the wire stayed in the boot. What does this go to? I have pressed the boot back on but can't seem to get it seated all the way. The engine starts and runs fine but I need to know what this is and did I damage anything?
I dropped a picture below.
Thanks for any info!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
From the photo I would say it is a battery cable connection. Could be a spark plug boot though too. Both might have the plastic cover to protect the wire and a red boot on them. I can't see what is under there though. The only thing I can suggest is to see if you can trace the wire back to where is comes from and try to decide from there.

#5 ·
Not sure about the terminal but I have a similar issue with getting up when on the ground. I invested in a NOCO Battery Charger it comes with a connector wire that permanently hooks up to the buss terminal check out this video 1:28

An ATV lift might be in your future also.

#6 ·
Not sure about the terminal but I have a similar issue with getting up when on the ground. I invested in a NOCO Battery Charger it comes with a connector wire that permanently hooks up to the buss terminal check out this video 1:28 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iYVR7xkOUk

An ATV lift might be in your future also.
Thanks for your response. I had purchased a similar charger when I had my motorcycle but forgot to remove the cable when I sold it when I could no longer ride very long because of my hands. I will be getting a new cable and mount it like you did in the video. I also have an ATV lift. Still not sure about the terminal, I will have to check it out more, it hasn’t hampered the running that I can tell but not knowing bugs me. Thanks again for the advice and video.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.