Polaris ATV Forum banner

Winch Wiring on 2015 SP850 SP?

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  phil 
#1 ·
Simple question (I hope): As of MY2015, did Polaris still install the wiring and contactor for a winch? I know it did on my old 2005 SP800; I can't remember if it did on my old 2009 SP850 XP. I've been looking around in and under my current one and I don't see anything to indicate wiring for it.

I can do it myself; it'd just save some time if a chunk of it was already there...

Thanks.

Rob

#2 ·
Is the integrated winch switch on the left handle bar/grip? I have '15 "non-SP" 850. I had to install the winch and parts myself.

#3 ·
Doesn't appear to be; yeah looks like I'm doing it all myself too. No biggie; not like it's hard.

Question -- where did you mount the contactor? And, mine has a wireles remote... if yours does, where did you mount its control box?

Thanks.

Rob

#4 ·
No wireless remote - mounted it to one of the radiator support bolts, on the front frame, as I recall. I would have to go look to be sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.