Polaris ATV Forum banner

2010 850xp awd

1K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  polman500 
#1 ·
Hey all, I'm new to Polais. Have had Artic cat's and can ams.
Anyway I got a problem with my AWD. Some times it works and sometimes it does not. I have a 3 position switch, 2wd, 4wd and 4wd hill assist. It only works occasionally in the 4wd hill assist.
Anyone out there with some ideas on possible issues that would be causing this?

#5 ·
Im sure someone else with more Knowledge will chime in here but, I have seen other Post's on this subject and you might want to check the Wiring in the Switch box as well as the Fuse's. I always start simple then head to the what could be a major fix.

Welcome!

#7 ·
What did the front diff. oil look like and how long had it been BEFORE last week? If really bad it may have to be changed several times to get it clean.
Did you also change the ADC oil? and bleed the ADC system?
Those early model ADC diffs are prone to failure and clutch pack wear if used often.

#9 ·
Yes you should bleed both bleeder screws. I had an intermittent problem with my awd on my 2010 850. Ended up being the sprague cage internal to the diff. The cage is plastic in the later model 2010s. The top sheared off.

I would at least inspect the wiring going into the front diff to make sure nothing is frayed or shorted to the case.

#10 ·
Yes you should bleed both bleeder screws. I had an intermittent problem with my awd on my 2010 850. Ended up being the sprague cage internal to the diff. The cage is plastic in the later model 2010s. The top sheared off.

I would at least inspect the wiring going into the front diff to make sure nothing is frayed or shorted to the case.

#12 ·
Thanks for the info I'll do that
I did change front dif again. It's clean now.
After changing the front again. The awd works a bit better but only in hill assist mode. It went from about 50% to 75% now.
When I get some time thinking I'm gonna pull it out and inspect the inside.
Gonna take it today on her maiden journey. Just to a local scrambles area. Dont want to be too far from truck just incase. Need to ensure all bugs worked out.
I put new tires on her other day. Last night took her for ride in back yard. Could not keep all 4 tires on the ground. She's a wheelie machine. Thinking it's a bit much for daughter but I was having fun, lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.