Polaris ATV Forum banner

"Check Engine"

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  eclifford634 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

Yesterday I was out plowing and the engine hot indicator came on then went away after quick. Didn't think too much of it. I went out this morning to try and start it and when I turned the key it shows "Check Engine", I hear some type of grind come from the pull start, then nothing. I also tried to pull the cord out, however it appears to literally be frozen and I can't even pull the cord out. I'm assuming this is my issue? Any ideas? Its a 2007 500 EFI

#3 ·
I went to try and winch it into the truck today and now all I get is clicking. The winch clicks as well. Also, the pull cord thawed out a bit and I was able to pull it out, however now it will not go back in. The cord was pretty icy... Try charging the battery and let it thaw?

#5 ·
sounds like were i would start, or if you have a volt meter check your voltage across the terminals, or try charging it. with the cold and plowing maybe your battery was weak and you killed it!?!

#6 ·
Got it thawed out and jump started it today, however after sitting idle for a few minutes it dies. If I use the winch it also dies instantly... Battery Issue? New Battery required? I JUST bought a new battery a few months ago.

THANKS FOR ANY INPUT!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.